OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: What's goin on fellas?  (Read 2854 times)

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: What's goin on fellas?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2022, 02:33:55 PM »
Love the cabin. Love your mind set. My baby is 37 years old. he grew up chasing critters.

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2022, 11:13:50 AM »
Looking good, very nice.
So this is going to be our new clubhouse and team reunion headquarters, very cool.

I'm partial to an XXfirm mattress, but can make due with a couple foam pads on the floor if that helps out any
I know just what room to put you in then the next time you swing through.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

That will be just fine as long as the hot tub is still available, I sometimes got locked in those "special rooms" when growing up. they always said it was accidentally, no big deal.

I'll bring some of that blue dye they use in swimming pools in case ol Zelmo 1 crashes the hot tub scene and his Depends start leaking

P.S., by hot tub I hope you don't mean your going to throw some hot lava rocks from your grill into that pond and expect us to get in there.

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2022, 10:01:29 PM »
Looking good, very nice.
So this is going to be our new clubhouse and team reunion headquarters, very cool.

I'm partial to an XXfirm mattress, but can make due with a couple foam pads on the floor if that helps out any
I know just what room to put you in then the next time you swing through.

That will be just fine as long as the hot tub is still available, I sometimes got locked in those "special rooms" when growing up. they always said it was accidentally, no big deal.

I'll bring some of that blue dye they use in swimming pools in case ol Zelmo 1 crashes the hot tub scene and his Depends start leaking

P.S., by hot tub I hope you don't mean your going to throw some hot lava rocks from your grill into that pond and expect us to get in there.
I think I saw a spare tub out in one of the old pastures, I'm sure we can find a way to heat the water temp to your liking

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2022, 11:46:20 AM »
 :icon_thumright:

I'm sure you could find some heating ideas on you tube

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2022, 07:43:11 AM »
I missed this thread earlier. First I can tell you I detest hot weather and I avoid doing much in it. It has been very hot and humid here and I have about exhausted all the TV streaming shows. It still is a very busy time for us around the property. I usually get out just after daylight and work until it heats up then come in. We haven't traveled any because of the inflated gas and grocery prices. I even sold my boat. I wasn't usuing it enough and finally decided letting $20,000.00 sit in the barn wasn't wise use of money. Fishing has been slow but we have caught enough to feed us. We are huge gardeners and everyday contains some garden work. We have a 1/4 acre large item garden for corn, beans and so forth. Then we have a complex of 15 2.5'x16' raised beds. Finally we have plot dedicated just for flowers, this is about an 1/8 acre. We spend time weeding and mulching and other care. We have a small orchard as well. The last two weeks have been processing all the produce by canning and freezing. Then theres mowing all the fields (about 10 acres) and firewood processing. We have a ongoing battle with the deer getting into everything and I declared war on raccoons and squirrels. On the positive side there is a brood of young turkeys that have been hanging around. I am waiting for fall to come and get some hunting and fall fishing in. Starts with dove on September 1st. I did decide to not make Maple Syrup commercially anymore after the FDA was making my life harder. I will still opporate the sugar shack but only for family and friends use, no more sales. We are kicking around going back to South Dakota this fall to visit the daughter and if we do I'll fall hunt turkeys there and maybe settle a score with a gobbler.

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2022, 10:48:41 AM »
Anyone from the team also chase whitetails

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2022, 05:45:16 PM »
I hunt them. Mainly for the meat. I can't say as I go nuts over it though. No food plots, trail cameras or "Hit list" bucks. I just grab my bow or gun and go. Once 6 or 7 are in the freezer I quit. My main enjoyment is just going and enjoying the woods. I hunt just using my knowledge of the areas and i get the most satisfaction out of shooting them with a bow up close and personal.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2022, 06:29:09 PM »
nope, don't hunt deer. I feel like killing them at times when they get into are garden and beds

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2022, 11:12:59 PM »
I like turkey hunting better but still like hunting deer, it is our red meat fill up the freezer and pressure can 1 or 2 mainstay.
Probably like to hunt the late flintlock season the best.

I'm working on a roundball or slug load For an old Greener sxs for the regular season this year

Online randy6471

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2022, 08:22:22 AM »
 Yes sir, I hunt whitetails. Although it’s definitely a distant second to spring gobblers, I do especially like to hunt bucks during the rut with a bow.

Although the actual deer/turkey hunting is only a few weeks out of the year, a large percentage of my time is spent working hard to insure that our property is set up as good as possible to attract/hold deer and turkeys. I plant around 10 acres of foodplots, so that along with lots of fruit/nut trees, mineral sites and general property maintenance, makes it almost a year round hobby for me...and keeps me pretty busy.

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2022, 12:53:09 PM »
I have killed hundreds of deer. Most of them with handguns. Hopefully health reasons don't wreck my deer season too.

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2022, 06:26:56 PM »
Dang, you mean deer like creme pies too

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2022, 10:10:16 PM »
Sweet

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2022, 01:52:11 PM »
Killed a nice sabbatical this morning.

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2022, 07:35:15 AM »
I find their ability to shape shift amazing. You know it's a sabatical when it shows up at a creme pie bait station, that and the smell are giveaways.