OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: What's goin on fellas?  (Read 2856 times)

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
What's goin on fellas?
« on: July 24, 2022, 04:50:08 PM »
Just checking to see if everyone is still doing well. Been pretty slow on the board as usual this time of year. Myself, I have been busy with the usual, work, home improvements, yard work, taking the kids fishing occassionally and developing some dehydrated water to sell to all these extreme hunters and hikers I hear are getting to be popular on the utube. Just passing time till cooler weather,college football and then knocking off some deer to fill the freezer. It's just a means to stay busy till turkey season rolls around again.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline crow

• Double Beard
Re: What's goin on fellas?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 02:20:52 PM »
I've been sitting here waiting over a week and a half for you to post my bail,
so much for the old "all for one and one for all" team spirit horse hockey.

I knew better than to use my 1 phone call on gobble nut, but I really thought you would come thru this 1 last time.

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 03:53:28 PM »
I have been on a badly needed vacation. First day back in the land of the living. Paperwork so deep on my desk I need a ladder. Fun.

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 04:59:51 PM »

I knew better than to use my 1 phone call on gobble nut, but I really thought you would come thru this 1 last time.

:TooFunny: I recognized the number,...and knew right off the bat that nothing good could come from answering it!   ;D

...Ain't much going on around these parts.  Mostly staying close to the A/C and out of the boss's line of fire (I'm retired,...I suspect some of you know exactly what I mean by that   :toothy12: )

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 07:34:34 PM »

You should have never used that one call on our captain. His track record shoulda told you that. I woulda been there for you but I had something better to do. I would think that if you figured out how to kill a sabbatical then you could figure that out as well. Sometimes things stick better when you work yourself through it.

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 09:07:45 PM »
The sabbatical slaying was pure hunters instinct and razor sharp reflexes,

because of good behavior and my good looks they have reinstalled wifi into my cell, I'm halfway thru the Longmire reruns and think I've found a way to get out of this,

on my own,

thanks for nothing.

I guess you know those gps coordinates  to Gobble Nuts spots are bogus

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2022, 07:46:06 AM »
Believe me, if Gobblenut gives you actual GPS coordinates it's because he has has a legit reason to never go back. I delt with a Gobblenut educated turkey at one of those locations and I can attest that he leaves a GOAT level impression on them. Even three days after its meeting with Gobblenut that gobbler was visibly nervous and went by me so fast I would have needed to lead it by two feet to kill it.

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2022, 08:10:37 AM »
Funny. I say a sabbatical using a garmin a few days ago. Conspiracy!

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2022, 08:46:49 AM »
Believe me, if Gobblenut gives you actual GPS coordinates it's because he has has a legit reason to never go back. I delt with a Gobblenut educated turkey at one of those locations and I can attest that he leaves a GOAT level impression on them. Even three days after its meeting with Gobblenut that gobbler was visibly nervous and went by me so fast I would have needed to lead it by two feet to kill it.

I take great pride in my abilities to scare the bejeesus out of gobblers without actually killing one of them.  You, Happy, are now a member of an ever-growing club who have had the privilege of witnessing my skills in action.  Consider yourself very lucky, my friend!   :toothy9:

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2022, 06:52:09 PM »
This summer has been busy, we've spent 2 weeks at the beach and currently on another trip in the Virginia mountains. I've been taking advantage of a remote job I can do from anywhere while my kids are young and just crave the family time. I'm not a big beach person but they love it and I started accumulating the brownie points early.

In hunting news I purchased a cabin and a few acres in June, not quiet on a whim but not exactly planned either. Having a place I can raise my kids in the outdoors has always been a dream for me. I might enjoy sleeping in the truck out of state but it's not the easiest way introduce youngsters to.

Every weekend not away vacationing has been there working through a list of projects focused on the cabin at first but this weekend we will start on food plots and stand work. Hunting wise I don't think I'm holding many turkeys to this place currently, I have better suited deer and bear habitat but hopefully I can gain some local farms on both sides of the state line for birds. My residence is located in a more populated area of southern PA but I've always hunted in northern Pa and NY. With the greater abundance of state ground options in PA I wanted my recreation land on the NY side.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2022, 08:30:11 PM »
Looking good, very nice.
So this is going to be our new clubhouse and team reunion headquarters, very cool.

I'm partial to an XXfirm mattress, but can make due with a couple foam pads on the floor if that helps out any

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2022, 06:50:22 AM »
Very nice sir, you guys should have a lot of good times at that place.

Offline Rapscallion Vermilion

• Longbeard
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2022, 07:14:19 AM »
 Congrats on the cabin.  It looks to be in great shape too.  One of our dreams is to have a cabin on a cold water lake up here in Maine.  Might be a while.  In the mean time we've watched enough episodes of Maine Cabin Masters on DIY to go in eyes wide open.

My latest big distraction from general house stuff and landscaping has been learning to surf cast for striped bass.  Steep learning curve, but starting to have some success.  Definitely has the potential for another addiction.

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2022, 09:23:55 AM »
Wow,...really nice-looking property!  Congrats on finding and getting that gem! 

I/we did the same thing thirty years ago when I was about your age and had a couple of kids about like yours.  Had to start from scratch on the build, but it is the one thing my kids (now both right at 40) will inherit from me that I am most proud of.  Lots of work and dollars involved at the time, but well worth every minute and penny involved. 

You did good!   :icon_thumright:

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2022, 02:12:14 PM »
Looking good, very nice.
So this is going to be our new clubhouse and team reunion headquarters, very cool.

I'm partial to an XXfirm mattress, but can make due with a couple foam pads on the floor if that helps out any
I know just what room to put you in then the next time you swing through.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>