OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: TFT  (Read 5497 times)

Offline Jim K

TFT
« on: July 20, 2022, 12:12:51 PM »
I’ve remarked on some threads that I joined TFT last year and haven’t heard from them since.

I reached out to them and was directed to call Chase Grubbs who is their full time director. As busy as he is, we chatted for probably 15 minutes. Fellas, they are 100% in on helping stop the decline of our turkeys.

I joined up and encourage everyone to join too.

Offline lunghit

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: TFT
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 07:41:01 PM »
That's good to know Jim. I looked at their webpage a few weeks ago and was looking to join but I held off. I will be joining soon.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Offline TurkeysForTomorrow

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 02:19:57 PM »
I’ve remarked on some threads that I joined TFT last year and haven’t heard from them since.

I reached out to them and was directed to call Chase Grubbs who is their full time director. As busy as he is, we chatted for probably 15 minutes. Fellas, they are 100% in on helping stop the decline of our turkeys.

I joined up and encourage everyone to join too.

Jim,

I want to say thank you for the phone call and for supporting our mission by joining as a TFT member. I encourage others that live and breathe wild turkeys and all things turkey hunting to do the same at a membership level that fits. Turkeys For Tomorrow has the wild turkeys future as our number 1 priority and in the near future opportunities for more local grass roots activities will be created as TFT Chapters begin to take shape.

If you're reading this far here's a summary about our organization...

In June, 2020, twelve men and two women met at White Oak Plantation in Alabama to discuss what they perceived as an alarming trend and the decline of wild turkey populations in the areas they hunted across the United States. At the end of that meeting it was apparent that there were more questions about this problem than answers. Over the next several months the group dug deeper into the issue and decided turkey hunters were key to answering these questions.

In February, 2021, the group received its non-profit 501C3 status and Turkeys For Tomorrow was born. Each of the original 14 members contributed $300 each for the initial funding of the organization. Lofty goals of five research projects in five states in five years and 80% of income dedicated to wild turkey research were adopted.

Today, to the exact day, TFT is 18 months old. We are currently funding six research projects in three states with pending project announcements in two more states. The current average of income dedicated to reversing the decline of wild turkeys is over 80% of the funds we have generated. We are very proud of that accomplishment and for all of you who know... that feat is near impossible, especially in a startup year, we owe that to our determined board members and staff who generously volunteered their time to make this organization function with the wild turkey as the number 1 priority.

The mission of Turkeys For Tomorrow has not and will not change. We are dedicated to reversing the declining wild turkey populations across the United States… Nothing more, nothing less. Research is the foundation on which we hope to build our success. Currently we are working with Auburn University, the University of Georgia, Tennessee Tech and Mississippi State University. We are working with the state agencies of Alabama, Mississippi and Kentucky.

Most importantly, we are working with hunters. Hunters are the real heroes in one of the greatest conservation success stories ever told, the comeback of the wild turkey. Through the purchase of hunting licenses and dogged determination of state agencies and wildlife professionals wild turkeys were brought back from the brink of extinction. We are nowhere near that disaster today but the trend is alarming and Turkeys For Tomorrow is ringing the bell. We need your help. Join Turkeys For Tomorrow at a level meaningful to you. Follow us social media and tell your friends about us. It will take all of us to turn this around. Join Turkeys For Tomorrow and help us help wild turkeys.

https://turkeysfortomorrow.org/membership-account/membership-levels/

If you're still on the fence about our organization give me a call 662-654-7854

- Chase Grubbs, Director of Development

« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 05:33:04 PM by TurkeysForTomorrow »

Offline Neill_Prater

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 03:43:59 PM »
Just joined.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Offline GunRunner

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2022, 10:53:43 AM »
Very impressive start !!

I joined TFT recently as well.

Offline Upfold99

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 01:34:12 PM »
Approx how many members make up TFT?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline Jim K

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2022, 09:42:25 PM »
Approx how many members make up TFT?

Chase did tell me. I THINK he said they were at about 18,000 members. Maybe he will be along to confirm or correct that number.

Offline tracker#1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
  • Big game tracker with dogs, Oathkeeper, NRA Endowm
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2022, 08:19:45 AM »
 I joined a few weeks back and received thank you letter and decal. I hoping they take a look at NYS. There have been 2 studies in the past, 1 by the DEC and 1 private with no feedback on results. Perhaps someone on the forum knows. Populations were dropping like a rock until they finally acted by reducing the fall season by 2 weeks. Not sure if that helped. The excuse was always wet cold springs for the hatch. The past season, the DEC says too much "hunting pressure"... not sure how they can calculate that since when you buy a hunting license you get turkey tags. How do they know how many hunters are actually hunting?

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2022, 09:04:25 AM »
....THINK he said they were at about 18,000 members. Maybe he will be along to confirm or correct that number.

I hope that is correct,...but it seems like a lot for an organization with such limited exposure so far, especially in areas outside of the southeast.  If that number is correct, they are well on their way to success.  That means people are starting to jump on board.

Word to the wise for those in charge:  Do not take your donors and volunteers for granted.  Always keep the mission as stated above first and foremost!  The temptation to do otherwise will be great.  We will be watching...
 :icon_thumright:

Offline Roost 1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2022, 11:47:38 AM »
I just joined….

Offline TurkeyReaper69

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2022, 02:04:59 PM »
I was very skeptical of this organization at first, but after seeing a few of the projects they are taking on (Mainly the project with MSU and MDWFP) I am convinced some good will come out of this organization. Will be joining soon.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2022, 04:34:59 PM »
Are they doing anything in the NorthEast?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Upfold99

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2022, 06:44:11 AM »
Joined yesterday!

Offline turkeyhuntermag

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2022, 11:10:07 PM »
I've been a member for months now and am very impressed with the seriousness and transparency they are conducting their studies with. To answer Sir Diealot's question, I'm not aware of anything being done in the NE yet. That question would be best answered by Chase Grubbs, for sure.

I'm attending a meeting with them this coming weekend (Aug 5th-7th) and look forward to the discussions we'll have. If I am permitted, I will try to share some of the topics and round-table discussions that come out of it.

I will have a column or article in each one of my Turkey Hunter magazines regarding the latest news that they have to offer.

The board of this organization is not a "good ol' boy" network. It is comprised of many individuals who have been involved with the turkey hunting industry or other organizations that focus on conservation, habitat, and various species. I know a few of them personally, and they are die-hard turkey enthusiasts with a deep concern for the precious bird we all love.

I suggest placing your hard-earned dollars into their collection plate. They are the real deal.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 11:30:27 PM by turkeyhuntermag »

Offline BMAC_Turkeys

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2022, 10:58:14 AM »
For those on the fence, look at the research TFT did regarding Hens with GPS monitoring and poult survival.  Alarming for sure. 

https://turkeysfortomorrow.org/tft-alabama-research-update-year-1/

Whether the research is in your "area" shouldn't be a deciding factor.  Understanding the decline or survival in any area helps all us turkey hunters out and can be applied to other areas as well.  For being around for 18 months, they've done a lot. These guys and the scientists/ research projects they have are the real deal.