OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Shannon Kelly Call  (Read 6016 times)

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
Re: Shannon Kelly Call
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2022, 08:28:53 AM »
Wow, that is really showing how much you care about those purchasing these great calls. You are going the extra mile to keep your business fair and beneficial to the real Turkey hunters. Well said, well done…
“Solo hunter”

Offline caneman

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2022, 09:21:40 AM »
Well said, I was on your list but I understand why you are doing this.I make pot calls and some day I hope to be  able to get one of your calls.

Offline ol bob

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2022, 09:27:55 AM »
You can only do so much, and you are doing your best. Thanks for making a great call, and hosting a great turkey site.

Offline Tyoung

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2022, 10:02:17 AM »
Thank you for all you do!!

Offline DFelico

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2022, 10:46:02 AM »
Pretty cool to see how much you want to make things fair and the commitment and time you’re putting into it. Speaks volumes to your customers.

Offline Tarheel

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2022, 11:14:13 PM »
My internet service is like Governor's....antiquated and slow; and by the time I was able to see Shannon's posts, the calls were gone. Not all individuals that would like 2 calls are wanting to flip one.  My youngest son turkey hunts with me.  I've done everything I know to do to facilitate the family turkey hunting legacy continues through him.  If I had been able to get only one...and right now one would be fine...I would have passed that one on to my son to assure he had all the tools of the trade he would ever need to kill turkeys. Obviously, if I were able to purchase 2, both of us would be fixed with a call.  I am a turkey hunter who happens to make a few turkey calls myself.  I understand the challenges.  The call vultures just don't quit.  It turns your stomach to have to deal with the bad apples.....

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2022, 01:54:07 PM »
Yes elaborate on the "2 calls" thing that's for people contacting me on social media only , people I have no clue who they are and pretty much demanding 2 at the same time that's the red flag

I have no issue with selling call(s) to the same individual so long as they hunt them etc..

Thx Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline btodd00

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2022, 10:13:16 AM »
I tried to participate in the smash n grab early on, I felt like I was pretty quick but I wasn't even in the running with some of the people watching. I hope to get one, I will be back into the race when they start being made again (hope to have a picture of one beside a fine Osceola gobbler one day). I have made several posts on here about Shannons calls and others and have never been contacted by anyone asking if I wanted to buy but I dont doubt that it happens a lot.

I hope it doest have to go the way of only selling to those with a really high post count, I probably wouldn't be able to get to whatever the minimum count would be by the time they are being made again

Offline Tarheel

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2022, 11:50:23 AM »
I learned a long time ago when trying to maintain fairness in how I treated my two sons that fairness can only be an objective we strive to obtain.  In reality, nothing in life ever achieves true fairness.  Some days the advantage goes one way, some days the other way. We can only be thankful for what we have, and appreciate the opportunity to be on the receiving end of good fortune when our turn comes.

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2022, 01:07:38 PM »
Hey guys, I think we can do our part to help Shannon out. Don't buy calls for ridiculous prices. This will discourage the practice. Shannon is a stand up guy and does the fair thing, ALWAYS. I was on the list, last page he took I think and waited 3 or 4 years to get my call. It was a work of art, a masterpiece. I showed my wife and played it for her with a big smile on my face. She was absolutely smitten. It was gift wrapped and she got an early birthday present so she could use it for hunting season. She called in her first bird ever by herself, no shot, but it was epic. She will get one with it next year. That's what this about, not making a few bucks.  Z

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2022, 07:50:05 PM »
Hey guys, I think we can do our part to help Shannon out. Don't buy calls for ridiculous prices. This will discourage the practice. Shannon is a stand up guy and does the fair thing, ALWAYS. I was on the list, last page he took I think and waited 3 or 4 years to get my call. It was a work of art, a masterpiece. I showed my wife and played it for her with a big smile on my face. She was absolutely smitten. It was gift wrapped and she got an early birthday present so she could use it for hunting season. She called in her first bird ever by herself, no shot, but it was epic. She will get one with it next year. That's what this about, not making a few bucks.  Z

Well said , Amen my friend!
“Solo hunter”