OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Shannon Kelly Call  (Read 6003 times)

Offline turkey stew

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Shannon Kelly Call
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2022, 08:32:37 PM »
I have been on a lot of call makers list and waited years to receive a call. I have been waiting over 3 years for one of Shannons calls. I saw all the new members getting
them. Seems strange that all of a sudden  the site had a lot of new members!

Offline Zobo

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Nitwit Elitist Whiner
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2022, 09:42:55 PM »
I noticed several calls went to people with very low post counts, I can bet it was one of them, not someone that has been on here for a long time! That really Sux's!!

I noticed that also. These guys are younger and tech savvy, faster and will beat me every single  time in a first to post race. By the time I see Shannon's post and try to fat finger "I'll take one" Shannon's probably aready mailed it to the winner, lol!  I've already accepted the fact I'll never see one and that's ok. But I really don’t know what could be done differently to weed these flippers out.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Offline turkey stew

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2022, 09:55:09 PM »
Zobo, l bet my fat fingers are slower then yours. :TooFunny: I also know I will never win this first post war.

Offline roosterstraw

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2022, 10:12:09 PM »
I noticed several calls went to people with very low post counts, I can bet it was one of them, not someone that has been on here for a long time! That really Sux's!!

I noticed that also. These guys are younger and tech savvy, faster and will beat me every single  time in a first to post race. By the time I see Shannon's post and try to fat finger "I'll take one" Shannon's probably aready mailed it to the winner, lol!  I've already accepted the fact I'll never see one and that's ok. But I really don’t know what could be done differently to weed these flippers out.

It seems like it might be slowing down some? I know the first several were gone within seconds but the last two he sold went almost 35 minutes before someone posted.

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2022, 11:12:28 PM »
I think the last two that went long he posted them when no one was expecting them, I think if he posted them for sale to people with more than 500 post that would stop the flipping..

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2022, 07:12:35 AM »
I think the last two that went long he posted them when no one was expecting them, I think if he posted them for sale to people with more than 500 post that would stop the flipping..

Wow, this is really sad that a guy would do this. Great idea on the post count, would weed out the hit and run guys. This is exactly what Shannon did not want, in fact all great call makers do not want this to happen. Really sad, I think the person should be exposed, especially since he re-negged on the Governor’s agreed upon deal. Not worthy of remaining anonymous……..
“Solo hunter”

Offline Big Jeremy

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2022, 11:51:59 AM »
I honestly hate this for Shannon more than anyone. If anyone deserves to be making extra coin off of his calls, it's him. Very thankful that I happened to be on the site when one of the quick posts happened and was able to get my hands on one. I can tell you this for sure...I ain't selling mine.

Offline governor

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2022, 12:32:44 PM »
I'm in a very slow internet area, basically the end of the earth. By the time Shannon's post pops up on my computer according to the time stamp it was posted three minutes ago. I don't stand a chance because they're usually gone before I even see the post.

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2022, 02:00:30 PM »
Okay ...

I have ...for years received messages,emails and the like from  people who purchased my calls second hand at a greatly increased markup just this week I received a phone call from A very nice guy we talked for over a hour ....he informed me he paid a astronomical price for a call...he showed me the picture of the call ...I just made that call a few weeks ago ...WITH EVERY SINGLE TRANSACTION I ALWAYS MAKE IT CLEAR IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE CALL ,MESSAGE ME BACK I WILL REFUND, REPLACE WHATEVER ...I have yet in all these years had anybody want Thier money back ..and that leads me to believe some  the calls re-sold are for personal financial gain , it is your call and you can do with it what you choose , but I've made it VERY CLEAR collectors and call flippers need not apply

What to do ?

I've taken precautions to block 95% of the shenanigans , I want the calls to go to turkey hunters ... period, the people doing these things are simply " money changers " etc...

I can create a account EASY , and make posts asking for a Shannon Kelly call ...let that be a warning to those call flipping ...I will also take other measures

Safe hunting --Shannon
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 04:40:01 PM by Old Gobbler »
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline governor

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2022, 02:25:27 PM »
I was just hoping to "possibly" find someone that had more than one and would be willing to part with it. It seems with the demand that's the only way I might ever get one. Wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers. I've got quite an extensive goose call collection that I didn't build to sell and make money on. I sometimes trade one call for another but I'm not the call selling business. I'm a sportsman and hunter 100%. I make my living commercial fishing not selling calls.

Offline ol bob

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2022, 02:37:32 PM »
Always been a problem, always will, too many out there that all they think about is how to make a dollar with out working, not good for the maker, but you have to live with it.

Offline wchadw

• Longbeard
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2022, 07:57:52 PM »
Always been a problem, always will, too many out there that all they think about is how to make a dollar with out working, not good for the maker, but you have to live with it.
There’s plenty of this  out there. They buy as many from a maker at Unicoi or get on list and order as many as they allow and use them to up trade or sell and make a profit. Just the way it is.
It’s unfortunate because popular call makers are shutting down lists or have 3/4 year waits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2022, 10:13:42 PM »
Update ...I've sent a message to the unnamed individual, asking them a question ...he has logged onto the forum..and not responded

Usually I do this in a private manner , but seeing that I haven't seen any cooperation with that , let me clear my mind on a few things

Reneging on a classifieds agreement is a violation of the user agreement and grounds to have your account  "smoked" it doesn't matter if it's popsicle sticks or calls ..

2nd issue ... Yes people are flipping calls ,some  people didn't believe me but here we have a prime example , when I sell a call it goes to the new owner and it becomes thier property, they have every legal right to do with it what they deem fit ..there is nothing I can do about it other than come up with more "soup nazi" rules to exclude business practices that make it possible for individuals to perpetuate this practice , I've taken measures to eliminate 95% of the call flippers and collectors..I will take more

What I'm going to do ...the list , I have a book with who only knows how many names in it ...I've avoided adhering to it this last year because I know full well 85 percent of it is BS , occasionally I have someone contact me wanting to know the "status" ..I do not and have not accepted any deposits nor made any commitments other that 3 years ago , telling people it was a 7 year wait  ...that book is getting thrown away ..end of story 

I will be taking a picture of every single call with the user name , name and address ..all calls have a unique wood grain and I will be watching very closely...just saying

I have people contact me on social media  , some ..I have no clue who they are.. I feel some are attempting a shortcut to the list ...or wanting on the list , trying to get me to make a "commitment" all deals are off , of you pester me your going to get "soup nazi" treatment . Many on social media want 2 calls , that's big red flag ..that says buy two sell one to pay for both , you ask for 2 you get ZERO ...as in black listed ...calls that will be listed here on OG ..I'll block low low post people from buying ...1 call per season , if you buy 1 and like it , take a picture of it next to your dead turkey or hunting and I would appreciate that , because I am , and several other callmakers who make push pins ( and we talk to each other ) trying to get the push pins more awareness

I did the smash and grab ..calls went in  seconds , i came up with some new rules even doubling back with second posts after the first to throw off flippers ...I'll come up with some ideas to make it fair... I want my calls in the woods , not in some rich guys cabinet ..I collect what I feel is a fair price for my skilled time and materials.. but price gouging is not me , and not where I want to take this

Shannon

« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 11:55:49 PM by Old Gobbler »
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2022, 11:18:43 PM »
WELL SAID SHANNON...

Offline Zobo

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Nitwit Elitist Whiner
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2022, 12:49:51 AM »
Your efforts to be fair are commendable.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14