News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Why all the hate

Started by 2flyfish4, June 03, 2022, 11:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencop01

Quote from: eggshell on June 04, 2022, 08:18:09 AM
Mountainbird makes a very good point. In my lifetime this country has went  from around 200 million people to 350 million +, more people equals less space per capita and more conflict. If society has a flat line percentage of violent people and idiots then there are almost twice as many people of questionable character among us. I still believe in the basic goodness of people and that predominately society is kind and socially cohesive. The trouble is the outliers and trouble makers. where I do think we have went off the rails is in the media and government leadership. When the dominate voice of a people becomes the fringe of radical society then it exercises an influence on the whole philosophical view of everyone. I have long held the view, every group of people resembles their leadership, whether it's a small family group or a whole country this is my belief. If we want better we need to learn to be better.

This is where I will get real blunt and offend someone....this country doesn't need more laws, agendas or politicians. It needs more Jesus. when we truly learn to love one another like the man said we will be better. It starts with each one of us individually, when we do better those around us pick up on it and do better. Each of us has influence, we just need to decide what that will be.

I used to be an atheist and enjoyed my fast lane pessimistic life. I used to host a group of guys for a couple days of pheasant hunting and at the end of the day we'd crack open the cooler of beer and unwind. Then I encountered Jesus and started changing my life. I would take my own cooler with snacks and pepsi. One day when we had finished the hunt they opened the big cooler and not one single beer was inside. It was soft drinks and food. I asked what the heck happened and they replied, "we decided you were the host and if you didn't want to drink we wouldn't either". This is how it works, be better and better will follow you. This won't happen fast, but it will happen. My experience took probably three years to see change in the group.

Well you asked, so got my rant.
X2
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

greencop01

Quote from: eggshell on June 04, 2022, 08:18:09 AM
Mountainbird makes a very good point. In my lifetime this country has went  from around 200 million people to 350 million +, more people equals less space per capita and more conflict. If society has a flat line percentage of violent people and idiots then there are almost twice as many people of questionable character among us. I still believe in the basic goodness of people and that predominately society is kind and socially cohesive. The trouble is the outliers and trouble makers. where I do think we have went off the rails is in the media and government leadership. When the dominate voice of a people becomes the fringe of radical society then it exercises an influence on the whole philosophical view of everyone. I have long held the view, every group of people resembles their leadership, whether it's a small family group or a whole country this is my belief. If we want better we need to learn to be better.
X2
This is where I will get real blunt and offend someone....this country doesn't need more laws, agendas or politicians. It needs more Jesus. when we truly learn to love one another like the man said we will be better. It starts with each one of us individually, when we do better those around us pick up on it and do better. Each of us has influence, we just need to decide what that will be.

I used to be an atheist and enjoyed my fast lane pessimistic life. I used to host a group of guys for a couple days of pheasant hunting and at the end of the day we'd crack open the cooler of beer and unwind. Then I encountered Jesus and started changing my life. I would take my own cooler with snacks and pepsi. One day when we had finished the hunt they opened the big cooler and not one single beer was inside. It was soft drinks and food. I asked what the heck happened and they replied, "we decided you were the host and if you didn't want to drink we wouldn't either". This is how it works, be better and better will follow you. This won't happen fast, but it will happen. My experience took probably three years to see change in the group.

Well you asked, so got my rant.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Tail Feathers

Listen, if you would all just do it my way, that'd be great! :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

dirtnap

Quote from: arkrem870 on June 04, 2022, 04:44:35 PM
I hate the fact many of the places I've hunted 20+ years are now regulated to the point of not making the trip. I hate the fact we are losing hunting season. I hate the fact public land has been hammered due to loose lips. I hate the fact public land regulations are being tightened and opportunity lost because of the loose lips. I hate the fact people are trying to profit from public land turkeys/hunting. I hate the fact turkeys are now hunted for likes and social media attention when they are a precious resource that is so much more than that. I love turkey hunting. I love to see first light on the horizon on a new day. I love to hear owls and whippoorwills. I love to hear my heart pounding when he is coming my way. I love the smell of gun powder after the shot. I love sitting back at camp and telling the story to a few close buddies and that being enough.

Amen.  Close the thread.

dzsmith

People spend time in the outdoors to get the "$@&&$ away from people.... And now ....you cannot do that in many places . I live in one of the "technically" ruralest and poorest states in the nation and you cannot have an experience to yourself on public land anymore. deer or turkey hunting public property or a club is now a fight of who is first . There is no place besides first place, because if the turkey is dead he's dead.....as far as land ownership , to own enough property to hold and keep a huntable population of turkeys is a difficult thing to do on many levels. One being simply buying it..... 200 acres , better be a millionaire.... Because that's what it's gonna take probably from now on. Buying it in an area with turkeys , managing the place in a manner to keep and hold turkeys. And now ... you get to fight people off of it for the rest of your life. Sure there is some anomalies , buying a magical small parcel that feeds off your neighbors bigger property ....but in the end it's an endless and expensive endevour .  Hunting public land , is like having a full time job.... That's the level of effort it takes to have that one on one experience unadulterated by other humans . You may hunt all season for that one experience. I've said it many times , my worst enemy as a turkey hunter is another turkey hunter ........ not the government , not a coyote or coon..... but people.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

El Pavo Grande

In relation to hunting, I think social media and the overwhelming societal need for instant gratification are the main culprits.  The hunting culture has been tainted by the negatives that accompany the above.  As with many aspects in today's world, "Me" and "I" are often placed above all else.

There is a lot of unwarranted hate, but often with turkey hunting, certain viewpoints and opinions of concern get wrongly labeled as hate or jealousy.  It is now common to voice arguments against certain actions, methods, or tools considered detrimental to turkey populations and turkey hunting and be labeled as such.  It doesn't help that the hate narrative is fueled by industry influencers, whom benefit directly with certain products or methods.  One of the most well known influencers recently lumped together vocal hunters of differing viewpoints with PETA and anti-hunters with the label of "Anti-Hunter Hunters".  That's basically an attempt to degrade the credibility of other hunters and attempt at canceling those you disagree with.