OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hatfield Firearms  (Read 1554 times)

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
Hatfield Firearms
« on: June 29, 2022, 06:49:17 AM »
Anybody else try any of their shotguns? I purchased a 28 semi auto and it had the feel of the older Remington 1100's. I was excited to try it. I cleaned it and went to the sporting clays field. It shot really well with the stock chokes. I then installed an IC .525 and tried my TSS loads with good patterns. I was pretty happy until I started to disassemble it. The fore stock was completely cracked the whole length. The company sent me a new stock very quickly, but it was the wrong one. It took a couple months to get the correct one but it was damaged along the bottom where it goes into the receiver. It went together tight so I assembled it fully and worked the action a few times. After releasing it the 3rd time it failed to go back all the way. I noticed the one pin that holds the trigger assembly in was out almost all the way. I tapped it back in but it is very loose. I am disappointed because I think that they are on the right track but " cheaped out" and it cost them a possible good product. They offered to refund my money and I am accepting the offer. The customer service was good, but the product was inferior. It's too bad an American product with potential stopped short for the sake of a few dollars. This is just my experience.  I really liked it until I didnt trust it mechanically. Any other info on these? Z

Offline Turkeybutt

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
Re: Hatfield Firearms
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 07:41:19 AM »
I looked at one a few months ago and I wasn't impressed. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Offline Big Jeremy

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 08:47:12 AM »
A buddy of mine bought one…you had better results than he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline captpete

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 09:34:18 AM »
I looked at them also. I looked at a 20ga and was less than impressed with it. It felt like it was pretty cheaply made...worth about as much as it cost. The few reviews I could find online were not very good....similar experiences to yours.

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 12:30:19 PM »
Really too bad, they had a decent design, They could have had a better quality product.

Online Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 02:49:35 PM »
It's too bad an American product with potential stopped short for the sake of a few dollars.

I do believe if you read the fine print the Hatfield semi's are made in............... Turkey.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline Cowboy

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 04:29:23 PM »
I had one of the 410s. Key word here is HAD. Would not eject certain ammo. I mean even unfired shells!! Terrible experience. Traded it off in a 2 or 3 gun swap. Practically gave it away. Better off with a slingshot. IMO

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Online WV Flopper

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2022, 07:31:14 PM »
There is a reason they are so cheap on the shelf. Usually, in life, you get what you pay for. There are a very few exceptions.

Offline Tail Feathers

• Limbhanger
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022, 10:51:56 PM »
I'm glad someone tried to see, but at the price point of those guns I didn't expect much different.  Zelmo, thanks for taking the hit so the rest of us didn't have to.  I hope you didn't lose much money on it.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2022, 05:59:08 AM »
It was actually an impulse buy, lol. I went into Walmart to get targets to teach my wife's friend to shoot my AK-47. It looked ok and felt pretty good and I am a 28 gauge freak and at $236 dollars it was worth a chance. I would like to see am American gun maker come out with a reasonably priced, everyone has to eat, quality product. I am not giving up on trying new products, just this one unless they do some improvements. I think that a little more effort and money could get them a better product. But the attitude is like a lot of arear in our country, " make it cheap and take the $$". Not the way things were waaaaaaay back in the 70's ( the dark ages) when I grew up. Z

Online Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2022, 10:10:42 PM »
I'm glad someone tried to see, but at the price point of those guns I didn't expect much different.  Zelmo, thanks for taking the hit so the rest of us didn't have to.

X2 !!!!

I walked past the very same gun two weeks ago.  It was $274 at our WallyWorld.  I almost bit.  But, my Spidey senses kicked in and I didn't.  But I've been thinking about it since then........

Thanks for taking this one for the team, Zelmo !!!     :icon_thumright:

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2022, 11:39:40 PM »
Bummer. At least they are willing to refund your money. Just one of those things, you never know till
you try it.