Started by bobk, June 27, 2022, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spurred63

mountainhunter1

Offline bobk
2022 SITE SUPPORTER
Longbeard
View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Re: How important would you rate fitness in your turkey hunting?
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2022, 08:14:32 PM »

At 66 years old I do what I can to stay in good shape. I walk , visit the gym and work around the family property.  I love hunting the mountains and  plan on continuing doing it for many more years, I would truly feel terrible if I was forced to quite hunting  because I could not physically   continue  due to being out of shape.

As soon as I read that he had passed, his post from above from back in March came to mind. I remember reading about how he walked and went to the gym and still hunted hard in the mountains. The last time I talked with him, he had just gotten a cow horn yelper and sent me a sound file of it. I pray that he scored with that call during his last spring season. I wish that the Lord had given him another 20 years to walk those ridges with his son and friends. I can only imagine how he will be missed. Prayers for his family tonight.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

tracker#1

Sorry to hear this, prayers for you and your family, R.I.P Bob...

3bailey3

Mthunter1 I also went back and read his post and that one stood to me also.

Neill_Prater

So sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

nebo

Mark, i was sorry to hear the bad news about your father today.although i have never met your dad,we have only spoke on the phone.Was to finally meet him in a little bit over some fig trees, well i guess that won't happen. i feel a bit cheated.i was looking forward to it. i will miss talking to him, always a pleasure. i guess that i will be meeting you instead Mark. Again you have my sympathy to you and your family.
Gary

TrackeySauresRex

Rest In Peace Sir. Prayers are sent for strength and healing.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Jimspur

Mark, so sorry for you and your family. Thanks for letting everyone know.

Chris O

This is terrible news to me. I have talked with your dad a lot over the last few years. I have sent him a pile of sound files over the years and he always listened and gave me in put.I always respected his input. He talked about hunting with you all the time He was a great friend to me even though I have never met him, but I always wanted to!!! So sorry for your loss.

nitro

Royal Slam 2008

jmart241

BigSlam51

Sorry for your loss

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Crghss

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

310 gauge

May God bless your family in your time of need. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Zobo

So sorry to hear of the sudden loss of your father. His experience and insight will be missed on this forum. My condolences and prayers are with you and your family. 
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14