OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Would appreciate some input

Started by bbcustomboxcalls, June 24, 2022, 05:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcustomboxcalls

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on June 26, 2022, 01:00:08 PM
So for me I love the rounded lids, and particularly 1, 6, 8, 10, and 11 with 6 and 8 being my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is one of the things that surprised me the fact that everyone seems to like the rounded calls.  I thought the square end calls would be the most popular.
Thanks again.
Bill

tal

For the tube callers Bill makes a good one. Gorgeous boxes

bbcustomboxcalls

Quote from: tal on June 26, 2022, 01:48:37 PM
For the tube callers Bill makes a good one. Gorgeous boxes

Thanks Tim

Bill

Tom007

Brutal honesty, they all look fantastic. There is a variety of styles for everyone, and each one has its own style. One thing that is consistent with all of them is great craftsmanship, and quality.....
"Solo hunter"

bbcustomboxcalls

Quote from: Tom007 on June 27, 2022, 08:32:11 AM
Brutal honesty, they all look fantastic. There is a variety of styles for everyone, and each one has its own style. One thing that is consistent with all of them is great craftsmanship, and quality.....

Thanks Tom007

turkey stew

All your calls are mighty fine. Please add 7 to that list. The inlays really pop. You probably should have a square caller in your line up.
Phil

bbcustomboxcalls

Quote from: turkey stew on June 28, 2022, 06:51:12 AM
All your calls are mighty fine. Please add 7 to that list. The inlays really pop. You probably should have a square caller in your line up.
Phil

Thanks Phil,
Some of the responses so far have surprised me.  The two that are my favorites haven't been mentioned yet.
But I do see a trend and that will help me decide which calls to make next year.
Bill

Sir-diealot

As far as looks go I like the simple yet elegant designs of #1 Walnut/Poplar & #6 Purpleheart/Mahogany.

If I want something flashier then I would choose #7 Purpleheart/Mahogany really like the looks of that one.

That said I think they are all wonderful looking pieces and you are one of my goals to get a call from before next season.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

bbcustomboxcalls

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 28, 2022, 02:42:33 PM
As far as looks go I like the simple yet elegant designs of #1 Walnut/Poplar & #6 Purpleheart/Mahogany.

If I want something flashier then I would choose #7 Purpleheart/Mahogany really like the looks of that one.

That said I think they are all wonderful looking pieces and you are one of my goals to get a call from before next season.

Thanks for your input Sir-diealot.
#1 & #6 seem to be the most popular so far.

crow

#11 has grown on me also,

are you getting noticeable differences in sound from the 2 different wood rails in this design

bbcustomboxcalls

Quote from: crow on June 28, 2022, 06:14:50 PM
#11 has grown on me also,

are you getting noticeable differences in sound from the 2 different wood rails in this design

Before I made #11 I thought two different woods would give me two very different sounds but honestly there was only a slight difference.
But I thought it looked cool anyway.
Bill 

crow

bear hunter

They all look really good you are very talented. I like number 2 the best.

bbcustomboxcalls

Quote from: bear hunter on June 28, 2022, 09:22:41 PM
They all look really good you are very talented. I like number 2 the best.

Thanks bear hunter

Bill

spurred63

Boy that's a tough call, they are all beautiful! My top 3 would be 7,10, and 11.
What craftsmanship!!