OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

301T FYI

Started by guesswho, June 21, 2022, 04:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

After emailing Savage customer service about the trigger pull on my Stevens 301T they advised that the factory specs are 5-8 pounds.  I informed them mine was well over 10 and probably closer to 12.  I told them that it was dangerous, especially for kids.  They had me send it in for evaluation.  They confirmed it was out of spec.  I told them I'd love for it to be in the 4-5 pound range.   I got it back today and it is 100% better.  Still no creep and has a nice crisp break at less then 6 pounds.  And I purposely shipped it back without a choke and they sent it back with a new factory choke.  I just didn't want my Indian Creek to get lost.   

All it cost was my outgoing freight which was about $14.  Just thought I'd share in case someone else has a similar situation. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

Glad they were able to resolve your trigger pull... I like good customer service myself

Turkeybutt

Happy to hear Savage took care of the issue plus sent you a new choke tube as well. It's impressive to me that Savage went so far as to admit the trigger pull was out of specs.
Great customer service goes a long with me as well as it's not the norm with a lot of companies these days. Now kill one with it!  Good Luck.

Zobo

Good to hear they did the right thing. I have a Savage model 220 20 gauge for deer that's crazy accurate for a slug gun. Has a light crisp trigger as it should. That's so important, smart of you to mention safety and send it back.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Yoder409

Always good to hear of a company coming through with great customer service.    :icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.