OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey books

Started by chbarnha, June 17, 2022, 04:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wchadw

Any of these are good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wchadw

Or this one

Zobo

Quote from: ElkTurkMan on June 19, 2022, 08:59:06 AM
If you can find a copy of Old Pro Turkey Hunter it's a wonderful book. Still my all time favorite.

I like it also, good illustrations too. I like the challenge list where he states "the wild turkey can see 10 times better than you, he can hear 5 times better, his endurance is better than yours, his patience is superior, he is a better physical specimen than you, lol!...so perfectly put, and funny too!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

FLGobstopper

Old Pro Turkey Hunter is my personal favorite. Close behind is East of the Slash by Wade Wineman and Bird of Courage. I also think the Truth about spring turkey hunting according to Cuz series are some great reads. Of course anything Tom Kelly and Illumination In the Flatwoods as already mentioned. A couple of others I haven't read I saw mentioned and would also love to own.

aclawrence

Old Pro, Double Gobble, One Man Game

blake_08

One that I don't see mentioned much is called One Season by Alan White. It's a fictional story and a boy and his grandfather and turkey hunting, but it's relatable and a good read. I highly recommend it.

Cowboy

Old Pro is probably my favorite.  My Dad and brother also enjoy it. We all read it before season every year. Matter of fact, I believe its still on my end table at home.  The Ronnie Strickland books and certainly Bad Birds by Jim Spencer high on my list as well. Enjoy all of those. I also have a copy of East of the Slash and all Tom Kelly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

As others have said Old Pro Turkey Hunter is very good, as is anything from Lovett E. Williams Jr.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

The Lung

I received "Canadian River Hunt" by General William E. Strong for Father's Day. It is a journal account of a turkey hunt in Indian Territory (now Oklahoma) from 1878.
Very interesting for history buffs and turkey hunters alike.
"Dear Lord, may our will be pure and our aim be true. Amen"

Mossberg90MN

Old Pro is definitely my favorite book.

TurkeyReaper69

Best book I've ever read is "A Land Remembered" by Patrick Smith. Takes a real look into old Florida and will sicken you to realize whats become of the state. Highly reccomend.

As far as turkey literature goes Old Pro is hard to beat.

maineute

Turkey hunting bible by Ray Eye. I read it every few years, good book.

makestomstremble

Turkey Hunters Digest by Dwain Bland.

Cowboy

Memories of Spring by Ron Jolly is a fine read as well. Picked up my copy in 2020 at the NWTF.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Cowboy on June 22, 2022, 10:33:11 PM
Memories of Spring by Ron Jolly is a fine read as well. Picked up my copy in 2020 at the NWTF.

I'll second that.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."