turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey books

Started by chbarnha, June 17, 2022, 04:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chbarnha

Looking for a few books to read that involve the great wild turkey. I've read all the tom Kelly books, give me some of your less known but good reads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

crow

The 4 classic books from Jordan, Everett, Turpin and Davis are some of my favorites.

GobbleGitr

I and a friend wrote several book reviews (some recent, some classics) for Mossy Oak, you can find them by Googling 'Bottomland Book Club' and there are some recent non-turkey books, but scroll down and you'll find some recommendations.  I have a list of duplicate books I am selling if you or anyone wants to PM me.

PALongspur

All three of John McDaniel's books are great.

Proffitt's book is a must have. Jim Spencer, Gene Nunnery, Tom Weddle and Hunter Farrior also.

Dtrkyman

Illumination in the Flatwoods, not hunting related but excellent book.  I prefer it over any hunting related turkey books I have read!

Jimspur

I second "Illumination in the Flatwoods" by Joe Hutto.
It's a fascinating look into the wild turkey.

3bailey3

One of my favorites is Double Gobble by Boddy Dale, I also like Kenny Morgans book.

Parrot Head

I have read 2 books by Andy Cantrell.   They are turkey hunting stories.   He is a member on a Bama site I am on.   I got them signed and directly from him.

crow

East of the Slash and Ben Lee's book are good ones

and Charlie Elliot's book

quavers59

Reflections, Wild Turkeys, + Public Lands is a good one if you can find it.

Yoder409

Remembering the Greats by Jim Casada

Any of the 4 Neil Cost books
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

shatcher

Letters to my Grandsons by Larry Proffitt.  Good luck finding a copy of Henry Davis' turkey hunting book.  Let me know if you find a source.

PALongspur

Just remembered more to add, both books by Wayne Bailey are excellent!

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

ElkTurkMan

If you can find a copy of Old Pro Turkey Hunter it's a wonderful book. Still my all time favorite.