OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Man of my Word  (Read 2443 times)

Offline crow

• Double Beard
Re: Man of my Word
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2022, 08:37:21 PM »
Nice looking calls and very generous gesture, and if Happy is liking how they sound I'm looking forward to the hunt.

But, Skippy, it's going to take a lot more than that to get me to reveal any tips for trophy quality sabbatical hunting

you'll have plenty of time to get yourself down to the local Photohut to sign up for a photography class

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2022, 09:38:28 AM »
Al,...You da' Man!  Very generous of you, my friend!   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
(You can hang around with us GOATS any time!)   ;D

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2022, 11:57:21 AM »
I am thinking about returning the favor. I am writing a book on trash talking and I am thinking about sending old Zelmo the first signed copy. The boy needs some help.

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2022, 07:20:28 AM »
I feel no joy by picking on a bunch of old hobbling sheep wanna bees, I would rather take the high road, possibly the preferred path of goats. I have to put a governer on my “ trash talking” per my wife. I was trained by the professional old timers at a shipyard. They have been known to drive men, goats, rats and pigeons totally mad, so I need to dole it out responsibly. I really do hope you guys like the calls and strikers. It releases endorphins when you do for others and it is a natural high. Z

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2022, 08:08:33 AM »
I feel no joy by picking on a bunch of old hobbling sheep wanna bees, I would rather take the high road, possibly the preferred path of goats. I have to put a governer on my “ trash talking” per my wife. I was trained by the professional old timers at a shipyard. They have been known to drive men, goats, rats and pigeons totally mad, so I need to dole it out responsibly. I really do hope you guys like the calls and strikers. It releases endorphins when you do for others and it is a natural high. Z
Bring it zelmo, I have been professionally trained by coal miners, iron workers and roughnecks. Not to mention my WV redneck upbringing. Believe me if the above fellows find a nerve they will stomp on it until it has lost all feeling.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2022, 08:24:42 AM »
That’s my advantage, I only have 2 feelings, hungry and sleepy

Offline West Augusta

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • West By God Virginia
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2022, 10:05:44 PM »
Bring it zelmo, I have been professionally trained by coal miners, iron workers and roughnecks. Not to mention my WV redneck upbringing. Believe me if the above fellows find a nerve they will stomp on it until it has lost all feeling.

:TooFunny:  :TooFunny:
I too grew up in the hills of West Virginia and can testify that this is true.   Check your feelings at the door.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2022, 05:35:50 AM »
I was taught that you don’t mess with another man’s family, tools, lunch, truck or $$. Respect or be ready to eat knuckles. Loyalty above all , besides honor. I have gotten my beak bent over when it was appropriate, in my younger days, but with experience comes wisdom. Or so I am told . I can accept the beating you put on us, but I don’t have to like it. It’s fuel to be better. Thanks for that ????

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2022, 06:39:13 AM »
Well I am deeply and emotionally wounded, you all know I am emotionally fragile and extremely sensitive and humble. "Sits in corner and trembles". If you all changed your panties once and a while you wouldn't walk through life with a chapped arse and bad attitude. In the words of Bob Marley, "Don't worry be HAppy". Oh man that's really not the best quote here, is it....

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2022, 09:00:04 AM »
I was taught that you don’t mess with another man’s family, tools, lunch, truck or $$. Respect or be ready to eat knuckles. Loyalty above all , besides honor. I have gotten my beak bent over when it was appropriate, in my younger days, but with experience comes wisdom. Or so I am told . I can accept the beating you put on us, but I don’t have to like it. It’s fuel to be better. Thanks for that ????
I was taught those same things. Family, food and money were off-limits. However I was also taught that friends were supposed to be harassed in a good natured way and the better the friend the worse the harassing. If you weren't being insulted then you probably weren't liked.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2022, 09:56:23 AM »
I have a smile on my face Happy. Those words have come out of my mouth before so I am on board brother.  :funnyturkey: