OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trumpet displays

Started by Ctate94, June 13, 2022, 01:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zobo

No prep, two coats of shellac with a light fine sanding in between. Shellac is great because it drys fast, is durable and has an antique look I like. If you put the dowels in before finishing, it's much harder because you will have to paint and sand around all the little dowels. If you do it after it's a snap
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Ctate94

Quote from: Zobo on June 14, 2022, 05:54:37 PM
No prep, two coats of shellac with a light fine sanding in between. Shellac is great because it drys fast, is durable and has an antique look I like. If you put the dowels in before finishing, it's much harder because you will have to paint and sand around all the little dowels. If you do it after it's a snap
Think I'm gonna go this route. Love the way it looks. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

I built this shelf a few years ago. Very simple concept. Since moving into a new home I have not rehung it as I am thinking on building a display for a mantle. Anyway, none are for sell and it would take a lot to make me even consider it.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

superx2

Here's one I made.

Sir-diealot

I am use a stand meant for fly rod spools.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Ctate94

Threw this together with some spare wood from the shop. Planed and sanded it down. It's ain't perfect by any means but I like the rustic kind of look it has. Thanks for all the help fellas. Now just gotta fill this thing up

crow

Very nice'

if you dowel it they will come

Zobo

Looks great! Just remember to let the finish fully cure beyond dry to the touch. It may take days to be safe. You don't want your trumpets sticking!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

bulian82

I made this one last year out of some padauk I came across. The picture was right after sanding and before the last coat of shellac. It was a fun little project.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: crow on June 15, 2022, 08:06:20 PM
Very nice'

if you dowel it they will come

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Tom007

Quote from: wchadw on June 13, 2022, 05:49:01 PM

This is a thread spool holder I got off eBay

Nice!
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: Bedge7767 on June 13, 2022, 10:28:00 PM
I have basically the same setup. I just built it up a little.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wow
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: davisd9 on June 14, 2022, 08:45:14 PM
I built this shelf a few years ago. Very simple concept. Since moving into a new home I have not rehung it as I am thinking on building a display for a mantle. Anyway, none are for sell and it would take a lot to make me even consider it.

Nice collection..
"Solo hunter"

tap.emtp

TurkinTone

Inspired by members of the "Brotherhood of the Trumpet" on this forum, I spent the day constructing this display for my starter collection. Happy Father's Day to me!