OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Savage 301 question

Started by rakkin6, June 06, 2022, 03:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkin6

Just purchased a brand new Savage 301 20 gauge with a Jebs .565 headhunter choke. Just wondering if anyone has tried this gun out and what constriction choke they are shooting. I purchased this off of an individual that had bought this gun and choke and never fired it (he decided he was going to devote more time to bass fishing and his boat) It was still brand new in the box and the choke had never been opened. Got it along with 10 hand rolled 3" 1 5/8 oz of #9 for $300.00.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

SumToy

It should do ok.   You got to ask yourself how dead is dead?
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

rakkin6

Very true, just brand new to the 20 gauge game. Didn't know how this constriction would work in this gun with TSS. That was more of what I was asking.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

jed clampett

Alot of guys are running a .555 or .562 ..indian creek and sumtoy..i run a .555 indian creek

gatrkyhntr70

Should be good to go especially with a handload,only way to know for sure is to pattern it.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-