OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sell me on 1 more call

Started by 2flyfish4, June 10, 2022, 08:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2flyfish4

I have copper, aluminum, glass, red slate and green slate.

Sell me on one more call. I'm thinking crystal or ceramic, but leaning more towards crystal.

Tell me what I should get.

Thanks

TerryLNanny

Quote from: 2flyfish4 on June 10, 2022, 08:21:57 PM
I have copper, aluminum, glass, red slate and green slate.

Sell me on one more call. I'm thinking crystal or ceramic, but leaning more towards crystal.

Tell me what I should get.

Thanks
Two excellent choices, I think you should buy one of each and figure out for yourself which one you like best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Gobblers I've had the pleasure calling in have never been the same.

ChesterCopperpot

If you've got glass I'd go ceramic.

MJW

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

3bailey3

Not really what surface you have but whose surface do you have? Lyman,Buster,Townsend or a Lonzo, you need one of each!

Swamp

Personally i feel like glass and crystal are pretty close. In my calls I seem to get a little more out of my cuts with crystal than i do glass. So if it were me I would  lean more towards a ceramic or even a titanium playing surface.  But at the end of the day its  just another tool.  Some days your glass may get them tore up and the next day it my be slate.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

PEte_A

Quote from: 3bailey3 on June 10, 2022, 09:41:22 PM
Not really what surface you have but whose surface do you have? Lyman,Buster,Townsend or a Lonzo, you need one of each!

This... more about how the specific pots you have sound rather than which surfaces you currently have

greentrout

My vote is ceramic. I added one before this season and it ended up being the ticket! Birds came in on every hunt with it.
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

2flyfish4

My glass is townsend and the red slate is busters.

I do not have a Lonzo or Lyman call.

What ceramic do yall recommend?

greentrout

Mine is from Travis Wyatt. Stumpy is another great option
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

EZ

Quote from: MJW on June 10, 2022, 08:58:45 PM
Gray slate

I like any surface on a well made pot......but, nothing equals that traditional whiny grey slate.

PEte_A

Quote from: EZ on June 11, 2022, 03:17:08 PM
Quote from: MJW on June 10, 2022, 08:58:45 PM
Gray slate

I like any surface on a well made pot......but, nothing equals that traditional whiny grey slate.

X3

Chuck1443

All 3 ! A must , I'd choose them over others u already have

310 gauge

No doubt gray slate, the darker the better, in a domestic flavored Pot. Think Cedar, Persimmon, Pecan, Walnut, etc.  If I could only have one pot that would be my choice...but hey thank the world we can tote a sack full if we want...