OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Kaiser GS-1  (Read 1582 times)

Offline spurs2bgobblin

Kaiser GS-1
« on: June 16, 2022, 08:34:21 AM »
Andy has remade the GS-1 in his newer pot style and I’ve got one headed my way with a sweet maple topped snakewood striker!

I love Andy’s calls and this one has a reputation that precedes it. Can’t wait to get my hands on this one.

Any other GS-1 owners out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"In the South it's an understanding. To a turkey hunter, it's a life not subject to change. They know it's crazy. But to them, to us, it's worth it."

Offline Wvgobbler

Re: Kaiser GS-1
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 09:32:53 AM »
Yeah I have his original one and it’s a fantastic call. In my opinion Andy is a very underrated call maker that you don’t hear enough about… I have 7 of his pot calls and all 7 are fantastic… Hunter 22 before he passed got me to try a call from Andy and boy I’m glad I did. It’s a wenge and yellow heart crystal and that call has produced… I’d put it against any other call I have. Might have to call Andy and get one of these.

Offline spurs2bgobblin

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 12:35:43 PM »
Yeah I have his original one and it’s a fantastic call. In my opinion Andy is a very underrated call maker that you don’t hear enough about… I have 7 of his pot calls and all 7 are fantastic… Hunter 22 before he passed got me to try a call from Andy and boy I’m glad I did. It’s a wenge and yellow heart crystal and that call has produced… I’d put it against any other call I have. Might have to call Andy and get one of these.
I agree 100%! I’ve got that wenge yellowheart pot in a glass/glass and it’s full of feathers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"In the South it's an understanding. To a turkey hunter, it's a life not subject to change. They know it's crazy. But to them, to us, it's worth it."

Offline Jbird22

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 09:57:37 AM »
I have one of the original GS-1's along with 6 or 7 others made by Andy. He makes really good calls.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 07:58:33 AM by Jbird22 »

Offline wolfman

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 10:27:51 AM »
What is a GS-1?  I have a double sided zebra wood glass call from 2004.  It has always been my go to pot call.

Offline Jbird22

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 07:57:56 AM »
Crystal over a Purpleheart soundboard in a Curly Maple pot.