OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Out Of State Regs-1 Bird  (Read 5300 times)

Offline arkrem870

Re: Out Of State Regs-1 Bird
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2022, 01:35:55 PM »
I’m bent because Mississippi now has a non resident drawing to hunt public land, alabama now has a drastically late opening and lower limit on public land to curb non resident use, South Carolina has done the same, Georgia has done the same, Oklahoma has done the same, Tennessee has done the same,  etc. etc. Public land hunters are paying 1000x the amount of money these YouTubers have made in lost hunting opportunity. Sure, I can drive 12+ hours and get to other less crowded locations…..I’ve been extensively traveling for nearly 20 years now and know all about it. Just hate to lose all my close public land options to regulation because a few people had to have their 10 minutes and a few dollars.   

Offline TurkeyReaper69

« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2022, 01:43:30 PM »
I am good with it. My favorite state to hunt just allows one bird per non resident and it always been fun. Anything that will help the birds rebound I am in favor off.
Gonna go out on a limb here and assume you are speaking of Iowa. IMO its comparing apples to oranges to compare Iowa to any other state.

Offline Shiloh

« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2022, 03:17:12 PM »
Arkrem.......I completely and fully understand your gripe and this is in no way directed at you, but ALL of mississippi is glad that there is now some reprieve from the Arkansas hunters.  Of the hundreds of complaints that I have heard from public land over the last 35 years about 90% of them have been directed at Arkansas hunters.  Now I am sure the duck hunters in Arkansas could have the same complaints about MS duck hunters, but I don't plan to fight the duck battle.

Offline arkrem870

« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2022, 03:49:16 PM »
That’s fine…..but doesn’t change what’s happened around the country to public land hunters and what’s yet to come. A handful of guys and cameras have turned public turkey hunting upside down. Nobody else thought to do it before because it’s no efficient way to make any kind of money and frankly it’s no kind of  life.  Selling merchandise is the only money in it. With rising fuel prices and higher license prices it’ll be thinner margins. 

Offline Turkeyman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2022, 04:52:50 PM »
...glad that there is now some reprieve from the Arkansas hunters.  Of the hundreds of complaints that I have heard from public land over the last 35 years about 90% of them have been directed at Arkansas hunters....

A few years back I was turkey hunting public ground in north central Kansas for several days. I got to know the local CO...he'd stop by at the end of every day and we'd chat. He said he had far more problems with Arkansas hunters than any other state.