OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NR license fees may not NEED to be raised

Started by Yoder409, June 09, 2022, 09:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerhunt1988

Quote from: ddturkeyhunter on June 11, 2022, 09:59:05 AM
Well if your all looking for a place to hunt it might be MN in a few years. Just reading in my paper this morning they are thinking of a two bird limit for MN. It's talk on there part. And it's all about the money to generate more interest means more money. Might be only a seven day hunt for gun hunters, but anyone a little good might get his two birds for a few years. But they will for sure hunt out areas. I don't mind the nonresident hunter hunting my state, I hunt others also. I just wish there was a match on license sale cost.  MN cheep and next to nothing for youth starting out.  But it is still a turkey shot and gone for the next person.  Just wish we match what ever the state you live in charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like the worst environment ever for a state to increase its limit. MN will definitely cash in on increased NR license sales!

Twowithone

This war the current Administration has put against the people of the USA is far from over this is just the beginning of inflation, gas and grub are going through the roof with no limits. Glad I did my Elk hunt in 19. Buckle up it,s gonna be a bumpy road for sure. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

joey46

Sorta glad I finally did my Merriam hunt this spring also.  Don't think it is time to panic yet since with proper planning and shared expenses many turkey safaris can still be done.  I think my solo trips may be limited however unless to a nearby state.

greencop01

It's just my opinion but if non-resident hunting fees go up the resident hunting fees should go up also, this is the US not the USSR
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

joey46

Non-res fees are most often raised to keep the residents happy. The res feel it will keep all those nasty turkey killers from other states away.  Probably does to a point.  Mentioned it before (to no avail lol) but really gripes me to get priced out of some of the other states National Forest because of this.   :boon:

Should have read what I previously wrote since most of this is redundant.  Oh well.