OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NJ anti hunters new state bill

Started by JeffC, June 08, 2022, 06:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Tell my neighbors when I'm going to be hunting my land?   Yeah, good luck with that.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

GobbleNut

It will be interesting to see how much traction this gets.  I foresee a lot of litigation if this goes anywhere.  We'll see...

falltoms

The morons that come up with these ridiculous laws, have to be on drugs, they are evil and anti American as it gets

Zobo

This is scary. You'd be required to get written permission from all abutters before you can hunt your own property. What if they say "no, I rather you not".  This is wacko crazy and in essence is an attempt to end hunting in NJ.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Dtrkyman

This goes a bit further but many places have similar laws in place.  Hunting x amount of distance from an inhabited dwelling without permission is illegal.  100 yards archery and shotgun with shot, 300 yards with slugs.

Think it was 150 in another place I checked this spring.

I hunted an urban area a lot, used to range neighboring houses all the time when setting up.  Had a killer duck hole 108 yards from a neighbor once.

Zobo

If the intention is written permission is required to hunt within a certain distance to a neighbor's dwelling than yes, that's not uncommon. But if its not limited to that situation than it's nuts.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: guesswho on June 08, 2022, 06:49:43 PM
Tell my neighbors when I'm going to be hunting my land?   Yeah, good luck with that.
X2

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

Yeah right. I own my land. It is legal for me to hunt on it. I'll be damned if I notify ANYONE what I'm doing on MY land.
And again, as I have posted several times in the past, there are lots of anti's trying to end hunting overall. That's why when we, as fellow hunters support outlawing methods of hunting that we don't like, all we are doing is helping the anti's screw every hunter, including yourself.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Dtrkyman

I am not in support of this at all, however have any of you hunted urban areas?  I have a lot for whitetail, can sit and your stand and watch the neighbor have their morning coffee in their kitchen!

I lived on a few acres for years, and had a power line right of way behind me, was in city limits so no hunting allowed, and I doubt my neighbors would have cared anyway.

These urban areas are stacked with houses, all archery hunting, shooting a deer is just about a guarantee it will wind up on someone else's property.  The spots I hunted luckily bordered public land with no hunting allowed and the deer always wound up back there.

Many places are not worth hunting, neighbors are not going to allow to retrieve game anyway. Good luck getting multiple land owners in Jersey to allow you to hunt or retrieve game!

Crazy thing is those urban areas are loaded with bears from what I hear in that state.

Tail Feathers

So if the neighbor doesn't acknowledge the hunter's letter, the hunter can't hunt his own plalce?  Surely this won't pass or hold up.

And what about foreign land owners?  Or those out of state?   How do you reach them? This is idiotic.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

guesswho

I'm just going to holler fore after I shoot, like you do after an errant shot on the golf course.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Cowboy

Quote from: falltoms on June 08, 2022, 07:42:45 PM
The morons that come up with these ridiculous laws, have to be on drugs, they are evil and anti American as it gets
Agreed.  The lawmakers on this are stupid clowns. This mentality has overtaken society.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

M,Yingling

thats how pa is except archery is 50 yrds
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Sir-diealot

You do not have to get permission to hunt your own land but you do have to be so far from a dwelling here in NY though I do not know how far away that is. Well I went and looked it up, this is how it reads.

Discharging a Firearm while Hunting near Dwellings

The Environmental Conservation Law (ECL) generally prohibits discharge of firearms within 500 feet of a dwelling or other occupied structure, unless permission is received from the owner. However, for waterfowl hunting, the NYS Legislature recognized that human settlement patterns and waterfowl habits warranted special consideration. When hunting ducks or geese that congregate on near-shore waters, it is safer for a hunter to shoot away from shore than to shoot toward shore from open water. In recognition of this, the ECL specifies that when hunting waterfowl and shooting over water, discharge of firearms within 500 feet of a dwelling is allowed, as long as there is not any dwelling, public structure, livestock, or person within 500 feet of the shooter in the direction they are shooting (ECL Section 11-0931).

A waterfowl hunter may legally hunt from shore, a boat, or blind even if there is a house less than 500 feet behind him or her, as long as shooting occurs out over the water and away from the house.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."