OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Travel call  (Read 3683 times)

Offline crow

• Double Beard
Re: Travel call
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2022, 11:24:58 AM »
 :TooFunny:

Well I was the source,
 but I drove all nite to get up there in time for fly down, and that whack on the shoulder made my vision blurry

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2022, 11:30:43 AM »
Suck it up Buttercup

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2022, 07:56:23 PM »
Bringing this back up. I got a few things I have to mail out soon and if you want it for the fall season just speak up. So far I have eggshell as a definite, west augusta and reflexl as possibly.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Online eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2022, 07:18:25 AM »
I'm still in. I won't keep it long if someone else is fall hunting. I will fall hunt starting mid October to mid November in Ohio and Ky. I am thinking about going back to South Dakota for a fall hunt and of course a visit with my daughter. That would be November.

I will need a name and address for who get's it next.

Online eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2022, 06:55:55 AM »
I got the calls yesterday. I think there's something devious about Zelmo sending 13 strikers. It will drive me nuts decicing which one to use. The small call has kind of a whine to it on one side....I suppose that's the sabatical spot? Crow can tell me when he gets it. We don't have a fall sabatical season, so what the heck do I do if I accidently call a great big one in? I knew there would be some kind of gimmick.

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2022, 06:12:54 PM »
Glad they made it to ya. I figured the slate call will go to Gnut when it's all over. As for 13 strikers, I never counted them so you may be on to something there. I did make sure nothing was ticking when I opened the box

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2022, 11:05:10 PM »
That whine will drive a sabbatical to drink. Knowing ol Zelmo, getting that whine was purely accidental in the tuning process, he probably got himself all worked up watching old American Idol reruns at the time.

My personal sabbatical policy is to shoot fast and shoot often, when the carcass is  broken down the meat resembles barn pigeon, no closed season on them.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 03:16:33 PM by crow »

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2022, 09:44:12 AM »
Since the calls are already being passed around, just a reminder for each team member to sign (and maybe date) the calls before forwarding,...and of course, remembering to leave room for everybody to sign.  ...And although I know this will be difficult for some team members, try to make your signature somewhat legible.  :D ;D

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2022, 10:08:00 AM »
I didn't sign or date them yet. Being a law abiding hunter, my only legal option for a turkey to kill at the moment is the neighbors gobbler. And I just can't lower myself to the  standards of some of these other teams.

Online eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2022, 10:23:10 AM »
You choose how I should sign it, cursive " XX " or print "XX "

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2022, 09:31:16 AM »
No "Tom Foolery" in the number of strikers, 12 team members and the one call that you bought comes with a striker. Sign after you kill, or not, lol, your choice. The sounds are purely coincidental, as I only did R&D for about 60 calls before I ever sold one. I sent out 16 on this site for info and about 28-30 more on my local hunters, some died on the workbench or the proving grounds. May they rest in peace. It was fun this year and will again next year. If anyone needs " stocking stuffers" let me know. Z

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2022, 01:06:32 PM »
Setting here thinking..............
After I discovered the secret to killing big old birds was oatmeal cream pie snacks I had a friend build me a call with the image of an oatmeal cream pie in it. It was an instant success. Turkeys from 342.5 miles invaded our little killing field. SO what if old Zelmo out the image of a sabbatical in a turkey call? Would we all kill a trophy sabbatical? This is deep.

Online eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2022, 06:25:40 PM »
I wouldn't carry that around in a cellophane rapper. That much realism would cause a catastrophic event

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2022, 10:15:01 PM »
That looks like a good way to lose a finger or 2, Sabbaticals come in fast and hard once they commit to a call
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 09:48:00 PM by crow »

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2022, 08:02:51 AM »
This is why you guys are the camps  :funnyturkey: