OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Travel call  (Read 3679 times)

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
Travel call
« on: June 07, 2022, 08:09:29 PM »
Gents,
Since Gobblenut is always complaining about how hard we are to keep in line I figured I would take up the massive amount of slack we have(personally I don't think he has the drag set) and get this travel call that Zelmo is so graciously building. The plan is to get it around to all members and see how many states and gobblers we can tally up before it goes back to him. If things go as planned it may be ready for anyone that wants to get a jump on it this fall and then I think it should start 2023 with the fellows starting the spring season down south and work it's way North as the rest of us GOATS get started. So you can either reply here on when you can hunt it or send me a pm. I will work out a rough schedule and try to factor in some days for shipping. I believe the call will be crystal over glass in a 3.5" wenge pot with a dymondwood striker. Hopefully we can deliver him a call that has a lot of good mojo at the end of the spring season.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 08:20:29 PM by Happy »

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Online crow

• Double Beard
Re: Travel call
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 08:22:48 PM »
Some body needs to hook this call up to an oscilloscope to make sure it's not sending out negative waves, man

I wouldn't put anything past that crew

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 09:10:29 PM »
I think that everyone should post a picture here with it on a hunt and hopefully with a bird they killed as a little extra insult to the gallery. Oh yeah, gobblenut you can post a cow elk picture with it if you want. It ought to be able to chirp like an elk of it's worth anything (challenge thrown to Zelmo).

If you have it and no one else fall gobbler hunts, I start in Mid October in Ohio and late October in Ky. I will gladly Christen it in the turkey woods, but a pot is really tough for fall gobblers. Make a small patch for course sharp clucks.

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 09:18:49 AM »
Gobblenut this,....Gobblenut that.  The disrespect shown for your captain in these threads will no longer be tolerated!  I will be sending out sternly-worded letters to all offenders as soon as I look up some big words in the dictionary to use in it!  (It may take a while, because that's a lot of letters I gotta write).

Suffice it to say that, after all the exemplary leadership skills I exhibited in guiding the team, one would think that there would be a little more appreciation shown for me single-handedly leading this ragtag group of "supposed" turkey hunters to victory!  And this is what I get for overcoming the insurmountable odds of accomplishing that?! 

...Well, I never....   

There,...Did I skeer ya'?....
(You all can be expecting those letters in the mail any day now...) 

;D :toothy9: :newmascot: :newmascot: :newmascot:

Offline West Augusta

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • West By God Virginia
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 09:21:15 AM »
Not sure if WV will have a fall season this year.  It depends on the spring harvest numbers and they are down almost 14%.  If not, I'll be in the swamps of Florida early next spring.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2022, 10:03:38 AM »
Great idea. Depending on how things go I am thinking about heading to Texas this fall for a Rio.

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2022, 11:25:44 AM »
Gobblenut this,....Gobblenut that.  The disrespect shown for your captain in these threads will no longer be tolerated!  I will be sending out sternly-worded letters to all offenders as soon as I look up some big words in the dictionary to use in it!  (It may take a while, because that's a lot of letters I gotta write).

Suffice it to say that, after all the exemplary leadership skills I exhibited in guiding the team, one would think that there would be a little more appreciation shown for me single-handedly leading this ragtag group of "supposed" turkey hunters to victory!  And this is what I get for overcoming the insurmountable odds of accomplishing that?! 

...Well, I never....   

There,...Did I skeer ya'?....
(You all can be expecting those letters in the mail any day now...) 

;D :toothy9: :newmascot: :newmascot: :newmascot:

Yes sir Captain, yes Sir, Right away sir.  Can sumbodey cume learn my litter to me, us hicks hain't to guud at rediun litars.

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2022, 02:58:46 PM »
First of all, " Suck it Crow', that being said. It would be extremely cool if you all, even Crow, get a bird and sign the call. I do'nt care if it takes 10 years, it would be an awesome trophy. I am also sending a dozen 2 pc strikers that y'all can use.  I will send Jatoba, Kingwood, Ipe, bloodwood and maybe a hickory or dymondwood or 2, depends on what I have. Please do a holographic spectrometer with dual carbs test on it so Crow doesn't seize up, lol. It was fun and you guys kicked our butts. But there's the fun, we get another shot next year. Hope to hear from you guys over the "off season". Zelmo1

Online crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2022, 03:41:51 PM »
What the Harry did I do

just send up your wood combos that ignite the easiest,
you know in case I'm in New England and need to start a little fire by a gate, in case I need to warm up.

What was the color of your Prius again?

Offline guesswho

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Gobbler Goober
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2022, 03:48:12 PM »
First of all, " Suck it Crow', that being said. It would be extremely cool if you all, even Crow, get a bird and sign the call. I do'nt care if it takes 10 years, it would be an awesome trophy. I am also sending a dozen 2 pc strikers that y'all can use.  I will send Jatoba, Kingwood, Ipe, bloodwood and maybe a hickory or dymondwood or 2, depends on what I have. Please do a holographic spectrometer with dual carbs test on it so Crow doesn't seize up, lol. It was fun and you guys kicked our butts. But there's the fun, we get another shot next year. Hope to hear from you guys over the "off season". Zelmo1
Jatoba used to live on my street.  The farther you lived down the street the badder you were.   He lived in the last house on the left, right across the street from me, pretty rough dude.  Kingwood and Ipe lived a couple streets over.  Last I heard Kingwood was in prison and Ipe is on the run for stealing bananas from the farmers market.   Dymondwood always seemed a little light in the britches and stayed to himself.   I never knew Hickory but I heard he smokes a lot. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Online crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2022, 05:29:00 PM »
Where's Zelmo,

Do you all know he almost ran me over with that Prius of his.

one day I was slipping along an old tote road and heard this weird whistle/fluttering noise, Here come's old Zelmo1 with 3 fullfan reaping fans mounted on the grill of that thing, car was so quiet if it wasn't for the sound of the air moving thru those feathers I might not be here today to tell this tale.

I sent it to outdoor life for their "this happened to me" page, they wanted the location, nope, not going to give up a prime spot, still waiting to hear back from them.

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2022, 06:56:23 PM »
Probably was busy taking tweeter selfies and didn't even notice ya.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline randy6471

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2022, 07:19:09 PM »
 Crow you should start a thread/poll to see how many other hunters are frustrated with rude
Prius drivers ruining their morning hunt by zooming past them, when they were there first.

Online crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2022, 10:46:38 PM »
Crow you should start a thread/poll to see how many other hunters are frustrated with rude
Prius drivers ruining their morning hunt by zooming past them, when they were there first.

I guess I could learn to live with his high speed fanning technique (maybe), but when I saw a .410 barrel sticking out of both the drivers and passenger windows,  well that was a bitter pill to swallow.

I won't even mention getting clipped on the shoulder with the extended Go Pro swivel arm as he did one of those fancy Tokyo "drifts" around the curve.

No, a poll would just generate too much hate mail and burning truck threats, too many factions here that would get their toes stepped on with a thread on those topics.
You have to pick your battles Randy

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2022, 05:43:53 AM »
Get your eyes checked, it is a Tesla and they were 28 gauges. Inaccurate reporting is what gets people in trouble. Check your sources Crow. I expect more out of you