OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tennessee...rule changes for 22-23  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Tennessee...rule changes for 22-23
« on: June 06, 2022, 02:05:47 PM »
https://newschannel9.com/sports/outdoors/dramatic-changes-in-tennessee-turkey-hunting

I predict many more states will follow
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline maddog3355

Re: Tennessee...rule changes for 22-23
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 09:29:26 PM »
I hope it works, nothing is going to be perfect but if we keep doing the same thing we can expect the same results so I hope the wild turkey makes a comeback. I can remember when you had to make up your mind which turkey you wanted to go to then when you was working a gobbler you would have some coming in gobbling from different directions, I would like to see them days again.

Offline Tail Feathers

• Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 10:35:18 PM »
I don't blame TN and I too, think other states will continue to do similar things.  Lower limits, later starts, one bird limit the first week, etc.  Not that I like it that much, but I can't blame TN.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 07:22:04 AM »
Hopefully this will help out the population. It’s nice to see them recognize the problem, and take action to correct same…..
“Solo hunter”

Offline greencop01

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 03:57:33 PM »
I suggested this last year. By delaying the season the big mature toms have a chance to breed more hens with their stronger genes. Better to let them have more time to breed than letting jakes breed. There are two peak gobbling times in the breeding cycle. By opening the season in conjunction with the second gobbling peak this would allow hunters to have opportunity to still have quality hunts with gobbling birds one of the reasons we are addicted to turkey hunting.  :z-twocents:

We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Offline Dtrkyman

• Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 04:03:09 PM »
Sounds like a step in the right direction! 

I wasn't opposed to reaping in the past, however after watching guys on youtube who are actually gifted callers kill all their birds reaping I am all for it!

Issue I see is a guy could still carry a fan and use it as a decoy, just keep out of sight and then set it up like a decoy, they would have to catch him in the act to prove reaping!

I used a fan as a decoy long before i ever heard of or saw anyone reaping with it, Had a fan with a bondo base, drilled a hole in it and stuck it out like any other decoy.