OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Well fellers  (Read 2369 times)

Online crow

• Double Beard
Re: Well fellers
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2022, 10:22:48 AM »
Zelmo1 couldn't pass out hearing test, too many years listening to that noise he call music

every peleiated woodpecker in his county pecking on a tree is in danger of being mistaken for a gobbler and chased by him on his E-bike

Get you some Dolly and EmmyLou, it will take some of the sting out of your rejection notice

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2022, 10:30:40 AM »
Nice play on words Zelmo1! See you are learning some new tricks! And being a GOATS is just a much a state of mind as it is a skill set. Age really has nothing to do with it. I mean 90% are eliminated from contention for GOATS status on looks alone, then by the time you factor in the mental fortitude, ability to confuse, aggitate and disorient the competition, have a sense of humor and be so proficient  at this turkey killing to where GOATS are being studied as a primary cause for shortening the life span of adult gobblers. Well, it really cuts down on the candidate list.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Online crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2022, 10:40:29 AM »
Old Zelda1 may have squeaked by our height requirement,
but he is still a sight to see on his E-bike with those big blocks of wood duct taped to the pedals

looks like that kid in "Oh Brother where art thou" zipping along a tote road in search of a gobbling woodpecker

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2022, 10:03:29 AM »
I am trying to comprehend not being born till 1981.
 I had already been caught drag racing by then. I had already been in 41 states.
I remember setting in class and writing the date on my school work and the first 3 digits were 196_
Charles Manson lived right up the road from us. You could still buy a new car for under 3K.
In a gas war in Chatsworth Ca gas was 26.9 a gallon. I remember Coke machines taking a nickel and a penny. I remember my dad buying a new 1968 GMC carryall. Turkeys hadn't been invented yet.

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2022, 12:59:44 PM »
Well, there were troups in a place called Korea when I was born and we never had indoor plumbing until I was almost in jr High. Saw my first gobbler mid 60s.

Online crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2022, 11:00:03 PM »
I remember our house was so small, if everyone was home and you were reading a book you had to go out on the front porch to turn the page

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2022, 09:08:29 PM »
Get it out of your systems fellows. I remember 3 wheelers and coal mines. Cheapest gas when I was driving was .96 cents a gallon. My first turkey calls were a Lohman turkey tracer pot call and a quaker boy boss hen. Ray Eye was the man in turkey hunting I only knew one turkey hunter. Started out hunting by myself with a Savage.22/.410 over and under at the age of 8. Was pretty hard on the squirrels with that thing. Graduated to a new Englander 20 gauge later on and knew nothing about chokes and patterns. Was pretty much self taught about hunting and many things in life. Figured out learning from other people's mistakes was way less painful than learning from your own.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club