Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What new product have you fond this year that you like or love?

Started by WV Flopper, June 04, 2022, 07:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Flopper

Always looking for something great and Useful.

My BF bought me a little gas grill, he had one and I had made a comment about it's usefulness. In the spring I spend time in motels turkey hunting, just because of where I like to hunt and the distance to get there. I am getting old, and an extra hour and half of sleep is well, an extra hour and a half of sleep. This year with gas prices it is even more financial viable to stay in a cheap motel. Plus a comfy bed and shower!

I have used this little grill a lot this year, from Bison tomahawks in KY to sausages in WV. Great for dinner, and a brunch break in-between spots. Quick, easy, cheap, 14$ the man said. Saved me hundreds this spring.

Sent from my S62 Pro using Tapatalk

ybuck

that is perfect!
functional, fun, and saves money!
cant beat it...thanks for sharing

i also truck camped this spring.
My pick is a JetBoil...Love the thing!
makes a great cup of joe :morning:

Spring Creek Calls

Reflex red dot on a rib mount, hard to imagine not using one now. Also a trumpet.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

lunghit

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on June 05, 2022, 07:55:41 AM
Reflex red dot on a rib mount, hard to imagine not using one now. Also a trumpet.
I have used red dots before but this was also my first season using a rib mount Meadow Creek and a Burris FF3 and I love it. I have a new gun on order that's drilled and tapped but I am going to order another Meadow Creek and FF3 for it.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Jimspur

Quote from: lunghit on June 05, 2022, 08:16:45 AM
Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on June 05, 2022, 07:55:41 AM
I have used red dots before but this was also my first season using a rib mount Meadow Creek and a Burris FF3 and I love it. I have a new gun on order that's drilled and tapped but I am going to order another Meadow Creek and FF3 for it.

This was also my first season with a Meadow Creek mount and Burris FF3.
That Meadow Creek mount is awesome. I love this setup too.

Also my first season with a North Mountain Gear Mossy Oak jacket.
By far the best jacket I've ever had for turkey hunting. It breathes so well if you get hot and sweaty. Total game changer for hunting in warm weather.

WV Flopper

I don't have a gun for this mount but will check it out, always good to know about a new product.

Not new, 2nd year, but I do like the light weight Ol Tom clothing. Very light, dries quickly, and is much more durable than I first thought. I did snag my arm crawling in some shale the last day of season this year that tore a hole in one of my shirts. Other than that they have been pretty tough.

jmart241

First year wearing Firstlite leafy jacket worked great nice and cool when it got warm

sswv

those tailgate grills are awesome. when my son raced flat carts I carried one all thru WV, VA, NC and TN. cooked a LOT of deer meat and heated a LOT of beans on the tailgate while in the pits.   those were the days

Paulmyr

Bought a pair Irish Setter Vaprtrek snake boots this year. Love and hate them. Love them for thier lightweight and the BOA lacing system. The BOA system is great. It tightens the whole boot at one time making for very comfortable fit. If my feet started getting hot while on the move its just a pull of the knob to loosen and open them up to let the heat out. Couldn't imagine trying to do this with standard laces. To tighten back up, push the knob in and turn. Very simple, very easy. Wish there were options out there with this system.

Hate them because the waterproofing lasted about 2 weekend trips. They failed at the time I needed them most and the main reason for the purchase.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

JohnSouth22

Waterproof socks hands down. As someone that hunts in tennis shoes unless in the mountains, it's an absolute game changer

guesswho

Not my first year, but worth mentioning.    Comes in pretty handy, can get internal loops or external, and has zippered pouch.   Perfect for carrying small items like mouth calls, small screwdriver, extra batteries etc.   Plus it raise your eye to help with optics.
https://triadtactical.com/triad-stock-pack/
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Paulmyr

Quote from: JohnSouth22 on June 05, 2022, 03:32:45 PM
Waterproof socks hands down. As someone that hunts in tennis shoes unless in the mountains, it's an absolute game changer

Came across this option after my boots failed. Ill be looking more closely at these before next season.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

3bailey3

Tom007

After my 2 year old supposedly waterproof Irish Setter boots got my feet soaked, I had to search for something better. I walk in a lot of wet grass, some stream crossings, etc. I don't like hunting full rubber boots due to little lack of support for my long big woods hikes running & gunning. After doing some research, I found these Muck Apex Mid waterproof boots. These are not going to ever leak unless they get cut. They give great support, no lace, quick zipper and a pretty hefty lug sole. I have a wide foot, they run a bit wider. So far, so good. Will update as I go, but I think they will work well. Easy on, easy off.
"Solo hunter"

wchadw

Quote from: JohnSouth22 on June 05, 2022, 03:32:45 PM
Don't your feet get super sweaty??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk