Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Thank you GOATS!

Started by randy6471, June 03, 2022, 07:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy6471

I just wanted to say thank you for the opportunity to tag along this spring with you GOATS!

This was my first time in the OG contest and although I was a little hesitant at first....I'm sure glad I was able to join the fun. While it was nice getting to know you better, I enjoyed the camaraderie, good natured banter and really looked forward to the stories, updates and pics.

I also learned a lot this year (especially about sabbaticals) and I definitely enhanced my vocabulary. Of course that was only after I googled the definition for some of those $10 words that GobbleNut sometimes uses. But seriously, it was lots of laughs with a great group of guys...who are also some pretty darn good turkey slayers.

Unfortunately the season is over, but hopefully come March 18, 2023 I'll be sitting in my favorite spot in Florida keeping an eye out for an Osceola gobbler to come sneaking in.....and the other eye out for one those big freaking Florida snakes that I always seem to find!

And we can start all over again!!!

guesswho

It was fun, and I'm glad you joined in.  Stick around, the fun don't end because the contest is over.   Some of us get bored pretty easy and say and come up with some crazy stuff year round.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

GobbleNut

Tickled to have you on the squad, Randy.  Hope you and all the rest of the team had a good time this year and will return again for another round next spring.  As Ronnie said, I/we hope you stick around on the forum during the off-season.  Some of us die-hards are here year-round,...mainly because nobody else will put up with us! 

As for the big words, please don't look them up.  Most of the time I make them up at the spur of the moment,...mainly to confuse guesswho, happy, and a few others around here. The ones that turn out to be real words,...well, heck, I don't know what they mean either!    ;D :angel9:

Sir-diealot

Great bunch of people here in and out of the competition. Lot to be learned from these guys and some great stories to hear, just remember most of them are just that, stories.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

guesswho

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 03, 2022, 08:03:25 PM
Great bunch of people here in and out of the competition. Lot to be learned from these guys and some great stories to hear, just remember most of them are just that, stories.
True, I may add, omit, or enhance a fact or two to a story for entertainment purposes. 
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Happy

Was great having you Randy. Seems like you know a thing or two about turkey hunting as well. As many have said, many of us on this team hang around here year round. If it gets to slow, somebody is bound to chuck a rock in the pond.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

crow

Good group of guys on the team

Your Florida hunts got the ball rolling and got us warmed up

reflexl

Guys I truly enjoyed being on a team that cuts up as much as I do. Yall carried me a long an I appreciate it.
I am going to plan to go on some early and late hunts
So if something happens I will not get skunked again. I am thinking of taking old Zelmo on a sabbatical hunt. It's the least we can do.

eggshell

Ditto to all that was said....once your part of this team it's a lifetime membership.

guesswho

Quote from: eggshell on June 04, 2022, 08:28:43 AM
Ditto to all that was said....once your part of this team it's a lifetime membership.
You mean it's a life sentence with no chance of parole or early release for good behavior?   Not that I would qualify, just asking for a friend. 
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

eggshell

Yep, you really shoulda read the fine print. There were rumors about our captain and a lost ship....I've heard of the Flying Dutchman, perhaps our captain sails the flying Gobbler? It's captain and crew are made immortal by the woods goddess, Galapavo, to serve forever and usher old Gobblers into the next world.

TauntoHawk

I really appreciate the invitation to join such an elite team of trash talkers, I mean turkey hunters.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

West Augusta

What I lacked in trash talk, I hope I made up for in turkey points.  :TooFunny:

Our illustrious captain. 

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Happy

At least they had an island. That's a little more real estate than being stuck on a boat.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

crow

Quote from: Happy on June 05, 2022, 07:54:09 AM
At least they had an island. That's a little more real estate than being stuck on a boat.

And Ginger,
all we got was a weird chick