OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Non-Toxic and Waterproof Pen  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Earlybird31

Non-Toxic and Waterproof Pen
« on: June 03, 2022, 10:07:34 AM »
Do y'all have a go-to pen/marker to use for indexing or marking your mouth calls? It would obviously need to be permanent, waterproof, and non-toxic. I did a quick search online and it's hard to determine which ones would work the best. How do y'all label mouth calls? I'm not looking for a stamp with ink.

Life is a tragedy to those who feel and a comedy to those who think - Moliere

Offline mikejd

• Double Beard
Re: Non-Toxic and Waterproof Pen
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 10:59:01 AM »
I do not carry to many so I put a slice in them. Some have one slice some have 4 then when I grab one in the dark I know by how many slices wich one I have.

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 02:54:23 PM »
I do not carry to many so I put a slice in them. Some have one slice some have 4 then when I grab one in the dark I know by how many slices wich one I have.

I am assuming when you say you slice them that you are referring to making cuts in the call tape?...

Personally, if I have a specific call that I want to mark for whatever reason, I usually just mark the tape with a regular pen.  As far as I know, I haven't poisoned myself yet, but a few people around here suspect the ink has affected me mentally to some degree...   ;D :D

Offline Earlybird31

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 01:50:04 PM »
I found some waterproof/non-toxic pens at a local craft store. So far they've worked well and haven't smudged. I'll update with the brand when I get home.

Edit:

It's a Sakura Pigma Micron 0.5 mm. Good pen.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 06:41:09 PM by Earlybird31 »
Life is a tragedy to those who feel and a comedy to those who think - Moliere

Offline compton30

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 09:56:35 AM »
I just use the color of the tape to differentiate one call from another. Then again I've been doing this awhile and have a nice variety

Offline mikejd

• Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 10:56:47 AM »

I am assuming when you say you slice them that you are referring to making cuts in the call tape?...

Personally, if I have a specific call that I want to mark for whatever reason, I usually just mark the tape with a regular pen.  As far as I know, I haven't poisoned myself yet, but a few people around here suspect the ink has affected me mentally to some degree...   ;D :D

Yes I slice the tape and then I can go by feel. Does not affect my calling at all.