OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Trophies, Jackets & Banners?  (Read 5145 times)

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Trophies, Jackets & Banners?
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2022, 04:34:23 PM »
Yeah I reverted back to my 20s. What a trip. When I was in my 20s I did 1000 set ups, 500 push ups, 500 pull ups and ran 60 miles a day. 2 or 3 times a week free weights. Benched 300lbs and curled 100lbs one handed. No self respecting sabbatical would have stood a chance.

Offline randy6471

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2022, 08:08:24 PM »
 I don’t care about the prize, but I vote that any official championship presentation takes place in New Zealand because...

They have Merriam’s turkeys
No license/tag needed
No bag limit
No closed season

And best of all...Spring starts in September with good gobbling as early as mid-July, so we don’t have long to wait!!!

The only problem is I’m not sure if that have any sabbaticals, but I guess we can always check on that when we get there.

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2022, 09:29:40 PM »
I'm not sure whats more disturbing, the Indian chick or the total lack of tradition of hunting sabbaticals without camo body paint

Offline guesswho

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Gobbler Goober
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2022, 09:44:01 PM »
I'm not sure whats more disturbing, the Indian chick or the total lack of tradition of hunting sabbaticals without camo body paint
Most disturbing?   The Indian chic gets my vote.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2022, 09:57:27 PM »
 :TooFunny:

Yeah, I would have to say princess poke-u-hauntes is the most disturbing

Hope that wasn't part of a Disney flick

Offline guesswho

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Gobbler Goober
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2022, 10:03:49 PM »
 :TooFunny:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2022, 10:03:50 PM »
Ok, I know with COVID and all the supply chain issues and virtual people working remotely, it’s going to take a long time before we receive our virtual 2022 Champions trophies and team jackets.   I think the jackets were on our ship that the Captain capsized and sank, so we may never see those.   But are we going to get updated banners with 2022 Champions on them?   I know everybody sees the GOATS BANNER and have automatically thought Champions from day one, so it may not be necessary.   Just curious, I’d like to put it on my YouTube channel along with GPS coords to the locations of all of our kills.     
Great now people are going to blame...

YouTube
Fanning
The greatest band of rag tag turkey hunters to be assembled

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2022, 07:52:57 AM »
. Won't be the first time I was blamed for something. Wait till Ronnie starts up his you tube channel detailing the GOATS rise to greatness, snippets of hunts and our online store where you can by how-to dvd's,hats, shirts and hoodies, and for a limited time a dvd recording of Crows hunt for the world record sabattical.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2022, 03:47:05 PM »

. Won't be the first time I was blamed for something. Wait till Ronnie starts up his you tube channel detailing the GOATS rise to greatness, snippets of hunts and our online store where you can by how-to dvd's,hats, shirts and hoodies, and for a limited time a dvd recording of Crows hunt for the world record sabattical.

Chasing 1 the pursuit of the most elusive song bird  The great sabbatical

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2022, 04:19:06 PM »
I tell you it's been hectic. I have been offered a promotional deal with a hunting clothing company. We haven't finalized anything yet as I want to test run their clothing this spring and see how it functions as well as how much better I make it look. Got a few other companies making a little noise as well. Then I still have to deal with the everyday pressure I have always had with being this good looking. For example,just last night I took the wife out for a quick trip for ice cream. We were sitting in the truck having a nice little break from everyday life and a good looking young lady pulls up beside us. I am in the process of getting out and disposing of our blizzard cups when this lady gives me a big smile and nice hello. Of course I say high back and dispose of the trash. Getting back into the truck I get "who was that lady?" From the wife. "Beats me" is my reply "Well she seemed awful interested in you " is the response. Of course I had to respond with "can you blame her?" My wife didn't miss a beat and replied with "not at all, but can you blame me if I go over there and throat chop her." . Ahh the other teams don't know how good they have it just being average looking at best.

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2022, 07:35:56 PM »
I tell you it's been hectic. I have been offered a promotional deal with a hunting clothing company. We haven't finalized anything yet as I want to test run their clothing this spring and see how it functions as well as how much better I make it look. Got a few other companies making a little noise as well. Then I still have to deal with the everyday pressure I have always had with being this good looking. For example,just last night I took the wife out for a quick trip for ice cream. We were sitting in the truck having a nice little break from everyday life and a good looking young lady pulls up beside us. I am in the process of getting out and disposing of our blizzard cups when this lady gives me a big smile and nice hello. Of course I say high back and dispose of the trash. Getting back into the truck I get "who was that lady?" From the wife. "Beats me" is my reply "Well she seemed awful interested in you " is the response. Of course I had to respond with "can you blame her?" My wife didn't miss a beat and replied with "not at all, but can you blame me if I go over there and throat chop her." . Ahh the other teams don't know how good they have it just being average looking at best.

I don't know when your more creative, when your sleep deprived or well rested, what flavor did you get.

Did you happen to write the scrip for the Austin Powers movies

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2022, 07:58:58 PM »
I went with the reeses flurry. The wife went with a butterfinger flurry. I shouldn't have used the "can you blame her" line after I used it once about a year ago. She had a response ready this time. But your right. Some of this story may not be factual. I failed to mention that the camo company seems awful excited about me modeling their full face mask.

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2022, 08:26:38 PM »
A face mask is the only way I could show my face at a DQ,
everybody knows chickfilet milkshakes are where it's at

the empty bag spread along the edges of grassy openings also serves as good sabbatical bait

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2022, 09:02:08 PM »
Dang, I hate to hear about the long wait for jackets. I still have my "Mr. Muskie of Ohio" jacket from back in the 90s. Maybe I can just glue a gobbler picture on it. It's bright red and like new, my wife and daughters would not let me wear it in public, they just never realized it was a great honor. Now Crow get's two logos with his, a team emblem and a world record sabattical banner.

Online zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2022, 03:06:56 PM »
Don't wait for the jackets, GNUT sent them to me by mistake. I found one that fits nice. Sending the rest to my boys, Thanks Nut  :funnyturkey: