OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bamboo....

Started by Tarheel, May 30, 2022, 06:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarheel

Raspy...and spits feathers! The slanted mouthpieces facilitates adjustments just like on a mouth diaphragm. Bamboo makes an awesome tube call if you can find the right sized bamboo. 

the Ward

That is a really neat call!

mspaci

very unique, Id like to hear it. Played w cuts like that but found i like it beyyer w/o, can still get rasp. I like the idea

Tarheel

Normally I like to use .025 or .003 latex, but I only had .004 at the time...so to get the sound I liked, I started experimenting with cuts. With the slanted mouthpiece, you have more latitude to experiment...more like you would with a diaphragm mouth call.

mspaci

I usually run .05-.06 on a morgan style call. They are a little bigger mouth piece opening wise so you can do more with it I feel. Mike

Tarheel

I've done some experimenting...and I believe I like the shorty bamboo tube calls the best. I can use my hands to baffle off the tube just like I would a mouth diaphragm or a trumpet.  It's been interesting.  Since turkey season is over, it's kept me occupied.....

Tarheel

Here's what the pieces look like before I start putting them together. Yes, there are easier ways to do it, but my doing it this way helps me get the angles that I want. Also, I want the lip rest to be inside the bamboo tube. I definitely like the shorty bamboo tube the best....

Tarheel

I need four hands....LOL!!! I requested help from the mouth diaphragm experts, but they didn't know how I would be able to keep the latex layers straight. This is two layers...I really think I could get another layer on it.  This tube call will whistle...oh, how I wish NC had a fall turkey hunting season!!! This call is going to Tennessee....

Tarheel

The mosquitoes were about to get the best of me, but I finally got a sound file video posted on FB Sound File Central of me running one of my bamboo tube turkey calls.

Guskie

Very cool. I struggle with tubes and need to start practicing them more. Would love to hear the sound file if you could post a link. I'm not on facebook

Tarheel

I don't know how to post a link, so I sent a sound file video to your cell number.

Guskie

It sounds great! Thanks for sending it!

EZ

Man I really like those!!!!

Colton2020

They sound great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk