OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Black deer grunt tubes  (Read 1470 times)

Offline MOTurkeys

Black deer grunt tubes
« on: May 29, 2022, 10:27:11 AM »
Pioneer is now only selling clear grunt call tubes. They’re also shorter than the black ones. Does anyone know of a different source for black grunt call tubes as from my understanding, Pioneer supplies a lot of the other companies their bulk parts. Thanks for any help!
Hartland Calls

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Black deer grunt tubes
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2022, 06:29:42 PM »
 There are members here that make grunt/bleat tubes. I got a nice one from Michael Yingling
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline mastevt

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Find me on face book, Scott's Custom Turkey Calls
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 12:34:40 PM »
Pioneer is now only selling clear grunt call tubes. They’re also shorter than the black ones. Does anyone know of a different source for black grunt call tubes as from my understanding, Pioneer supplies a lot of the other companies their bulk parts. Thanks for any help!
If your interested, I got 1 stick of Gabon Ebony left.  I'd be happy to make a grunter for you.  Message me if interested.   Here's a pic of a couple I recently finished.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Offline MOTurkeys

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 03:50:06 PM »
Guess I should be more clear in what I’m looking for. I don’t need someone to make me a grunt call. I am looking for a source for the black plastic grunt tube that goes on the exhaust end. Pioneer only offers clear anymore.
Yea, I know you can make an all wood grunter but they lack the tone range and depth you get from the plastic tube. Thanks.
Hartland Calls

Offline NCbowjunkie

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 12:34:19 PM »
I know what you talking about. I usually order the tubes in bulk.  I was getting the black ones and have a few left. The last order I got in was clear. When I called about the tubes being clear I was told the the manufacturer that makes them makes them for medical use and that the medical field had requested that they need clear tubes  and that’s what you will get now. I did have a few that was smoke color also  I agree that the tubes add in volume and tones to the calls.

Sanatorium

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 11:00:05 PM »
I have some tubes I can part with

Offline MOTurkeys

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2022, 04:32:12 PM »
Brookside got some black ones in and then promptly sold out. They are also now carrying a green version as well. Thanks for the offer though.
Hartland Calls