OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: parking behind someone at a gate  (Read 9607 times)

Online Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
Re: parking behind someone at a gate
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2022, 08:12:45 PM »
I've always wanted to hunt east TN.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline Zobo

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Nitwit Elitist Whiner
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2022, 09:18:21 PM »
I’m going. I’ll brush up on my MMA, bring a fire extinguisher, and put doughnuts on all four wheels. :blob10:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Online Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2022, 06:05:06 AM »
I was thinking of starting a sign up sheet.  Do something like the First Annual OG Forums Turkey Get-Together...................

Charter a motorcoach and driver...................do, like, a week-long tour of all the gates on the South Cherokee.  Just have the driver sit and wait for us and all fan out and hunt a section each day. 

Could be fun to hunt with fellow OG members.    :icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2022, 06:45:15 AM »
Old Gobbler will post the personal information of scammers, maybe this members personal info should be shared with at least local law enforcement. I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if posting an outright threat online is illegal in some form. Don't we have the right to speak up when we see a potential crime happening. Just like the mass shootings that had warning signs that were ignored. The only heat this guy should see is what is brought by law enforcement.

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2022, 07:39:50 AM »
I was thinking of starting a sign up sheet.  Do something like the First Annual OG Forums Turkey Get-Together...................

Charter a motorcoach and driver...................do, like, a week-long tour of all the gates on the South Cherokee.  Just have the driver sit and wait for us and all fan out and hunt a section each day. 

Next year's team contest should have bonus points awarded to birds killed out of the South Cherokee.

Online Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2022, 09:22:10 AM »

Next year's team contest should have bonus points awarded to birds killed out of the South Cherokee.

SOLID idea !!!!!!   I like it !!!!    :you_rock: :you_rock:
PA elitist since 1979

Offline kytrkyhntr

« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2022, 12:15:39 PM »
Sounds like another guy who used to frequent this forum. He was a real tough man.. toughest of all. But eventually he got tired of typing “lol” like a 12 year old girl and disappeared from the site. Can’t say I miss him.
don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2022, 01:36:21 PM »
He has had his account deleted..

All keyboard heros do the same B-S .....they can't help themselves it seems

my keyboard has the ban and delete button , Thiers doesn't

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2022, 02:56:20 PM »
All Hail the "BAN and Delete Keys of the great OLd Gobbler"....thank you shannon for keeping the peace

Offline joey46

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2022, 08:05:01 AM »
Before I expressed an opinion on this TN guy I used the forum's profile feature and saw he only had been here since March, posted 22 times, and most post were meant as put downs.  Watching to see if he pops up on other forums.  So far he has not but I haven't looked too hard.  Does TN have state specific forums?  Some of the state specific forums can get pretty insulting to non-residents but seldom to this degree.  If you've noticed what TN gets for a license you may cancel the charter bus.  Better deals out there that don't require a fire extinguisher.

Offline BDeal

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2022, 02:32:49 PM »

SOLID idea !!!!!!   I like it !!!!    :you_rock: :you_rock:

Im in!!

Offline timberjack86

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2022, 10:03:02 AM »
Not all South Cherokee hunters are like this. I promise you!

Offline Prospector

« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2022, 10:19:05 AM »
 Catching up on posts: Whether I hunt public or lease if a vechicle is there I move on. I expect the same courtesy but I know it’s hopeless- but I do both extend and expect it. As far as sleeping at the gate, if a hunter is willing to do it then they get the same courtesy. I will get up earlier and earlier to be there first whether it makes a difference or not- it does to me…. If you pull up behind me then just understand I’m there to hunt and I will go to the gobble. I will not stalk or sneak or even intentionally mess you up- but I will hunt just as I normally would. If you are willing to park behind me with the Ol “ it’s public land…” excuse, that’s fine; I’ll be respectful- but I’m still gonna hunt. Sorry if this offends… we’ll, no I’m not.
In life and Turkey hunting: Give it a whirl. Everything works once and Nothing works everytime!

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2022, 02:16:37 PM »
Rather than just joining in on lamenting the circumstances around crowded public land hunting, I will instead offer a possible solution or alternative.  If you are finding yourself consistently in situations where you are behind someone else at a gate, perhaps it would be a good idea to expand your horizons a bit in terms of finding more places to hunt.

If you are a public land hunter and do not have multiple options on where to hunt on any given day, you are putting yourself at a serious disadvantage. It would probably be wise to put more focus and effort into scouting and researching your potential opportunities.  The days of getting up and heading for the old honey hole and expecting that you will have it to yourself are becoming more and more scarce.  The more places you have to hunt when the season rolls around, the less likely you will be to have to deal with the gate keepers. 

Offline BDeal

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2022, 03:35:18 PM »
Rather than just joining in on lamenting the circumstances around crowded public land hunting, I will instead offer a possible solution or alternative.  If you are finding yourself consistently in situations where you are behind someone else at a gate, perhaps it would be a good idea to expand your horizons a bit in terms of finding more places to hunt.

If you are a public land hunter and do not have multiple options on where to hunt on any given day, you are putting yourself at a serious disadvantage. It would probably be wise to put more focus and effort into scouting and researching your potential opportunities.  The days of getting up and heading for the old honey hole and expecting that you will have it to yourself are becoming more and more scarce.  The more places you have to hunt when the season rolls around, the less likely you will be to have to deal with the gate keepers.

While what you wrote is certainly  true, some areas of the country have VERY little quality public land available.