OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Browning cynergy ultimate turkey O/U setup help  (Read 1087 times)

Offline McKelveyMX

Browning cynergy ultimate turkey O/U setup help
« on: May 22, 2022, 03:35:57 PM »
I'm new to turkey hunting. This was my 1st season and 1st bird.  I enjoyed it so much that I bought the Browning cynergy ultimate turkey for next season.  I would appreciate any help and opinions I could get on optimal setup such as chokes/loads, top vs bottom barrel for a given range, open sights vs red dot, and best method of attaching a sling.  I'd appreciate any insight!

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
Re: Browning cynergy ultimate turkey O/U setup help
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 04:45:44 PM »
Great gun. I run a Rob Roberts .660 in lower barrel, my Nikon Red Dot is sighted in with this barrel. I use the spreader in the Top barrel for close range, and if I run and gun, I’ll put a Browning Full Strut Choke in the upper for 2 long range options. My barrels POA is very close, within a half inch of the sighted lower barrel. For the sling, I put a stud in the rear stock, drilled and threaded it in just like wood. I used a barrel clamp stud for the upper sling stud. Great gun, you’ll love it. It shoots all loads very well, I use Federal Heavyweight 7’s most of the time, Longbeard 6’s too.
“Solo hunter”

Offline McKelveyMX

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 07:01:01 PM »
Do you shoot TSS through the .660 choke?  What do you shoot through the spreader choke and what is your range on the spreader?

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 12:53:17 PM »
Do you shoot TSS through the .660 choke?  What do you shoot through the spreader choke and what is your range on the spreader?

I shoot Federal Heavyweight 7’s through the .660, and Winchester LB #6. I use 3rd degree in the spreader choke, good to 25 yards. You won’t miss with this 25 on in. The .660 likes the Federal Heavyweight loads. Hope this helps….
“Solo hunter”