OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stevens 301 turkey gun and LB's??

Started by sswv, May 20, 2022, 04:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sswv

anyone with a Stevens 301 turkey gun in 12 or 20ga (26" barrel) done any patterning with the Winchester LB's particularly with 3" #6 shot?  I read that they're supposed to be made TSS friendly but I'm a lead guy and like the looks of this gun. I have the twin 870's but a lightweight turkey gun could find some use for some of the places I hunt.

thanks in advance

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

lowoctane

This is my 21" Revelation by Savage...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

lowoctane

Quote from: lowoctane on May 20, 2022, 05:56:18 PM
This is my 21" Revelation by Savage...

I know you like .660 chokes and a 26" barrel will probably do very well with one.

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

sswv

that's getting it done. very good pattern. I actually shoot a .665 all the time in my 21" 870 but like to have a .660 around just in case.  My son has a 20ga Revelation with a 28" factory full that shoot super good just like it is but it kicks like a rented mule.

owlhoot

Quote from: sswv on May 20, 2022, 07:53:44 PM
that's getting it done. very good pattern. I actually shoot a .665 all the time in my 21" 870 but like to have a .660 around just in case.  My son has a 20ga Revelation with a 28" factory full that shoot super good just like it is but it kicks like a rented mule.
Ain't nothing like a single shot with a turkey load to remind you of what recoil is !

lowoctane

Quote from: owlhoot on May 21, 2022, 06:25:48 AM
Quote from: sswv on May 20, 2022, 07:53:44 PM
Ain't nothing like a single shot with a turkey load to remind you of what recoil is !

I actually owned a NEF single in 12ga 3.5" that I had worked up with the forcing cone pushed and Remchoke threads with optics. You want RECOIL?!?! I even took the weight out of the stock to lighten it some more since I had to carry it for well over a mile each way where I used to hunt. Ended up only shooting 3" loads tho... :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

sswv

anyone know what size choke comes in the Stevens 301 12ga turkey shotgun? 

sswv

surely someone knows the measurement of the factory 301 turkey chokes?