turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

We're Back!

Started by GobbleNut, May 20, 2022, 10:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

I know everybody has anxiously been awaiting our return, but fear no more!  Your bumbling captain and fellow cohorts who ventured off to the Black Hills have returned!  I will try to catch up with all the goings-on that have occurred in our absence and update everything asap.  Be patient now, because after ten days away, I am even more confused than I normally am....   ;D :newmascot: 

Rapscallion Vermilion

You've got a lot of catching up to do.  Guesswho kept everyone in line while you were on vacation and we have to figure out how to score Crow's sabbatical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crow

It's hard to judge his size from that pic,
but that white line is 3 feet wide and that sabbatical fell flat on his 16" beard

guesswho

Is a cohort anything like a sabbatical?   That should be considered a GOAT slam.  A wild turkey, a Sabbatical, and a Cohort.  I didn't realize being on this team was going to be so educationamal.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

crow

Quote from: guesswho on May 20, 2022, 04:12:21 PM
Is a cohort anything like a sabbatical?   That should be considered a GOAT slam.  A wild turkey, a Sabbatical, and a Cohort.  I didn't realize being on this team was going to be so educationamal.

A Cohort is a different color phase of a sabbatical, Col. Tom Kelly would lump them together, Utubers and face bookers would be splitters and list them as a subspecies

thats all I got on the subject

GobbleNut

Quote from: crow on May 21, 2022, 05:46:14 PM
Quote from: guesswho on May 20, 2022, 04:12:21 PM

A Cohort is a different color phase of a sabbatical, Col. Tom Kelly would lump them together, Utubers and face bookers would be splitters and list them as a subspecies

thats all I got on the subject

:TooFunny:  Sounds reasonable to me.  After all, the GOATS are the self-appointed authorities on all things turkey!   ;D

eggshell

Well, I'm not going to elaborate on this but, we would have decimated the Black Hills turkey flock if loud booms killed them....just saying your gonna have to guess about what that means.

However, I will say there are some smart gobblers in SD. If you own a 1/4 acre of posted property adjoining National Forest you are guaranteed a whole flock will be roosted, feed and breed all day long on your 1/4 acre without leaving it. They have figured out the G.O.A.T.S. are waiting  for them soon as they step off that small parcel....heck it don't even take a 1/4 acre. a 50'x100' lot is enough, they'll just roost on your roof.Now Elk, Whitetails, mountain lions and Bighorn sheep will walk up and personally welcome you to the black hills, but a gobbler will stay on that small square and taunt you or just stand in the road and dare you to run over it.

guesswho

I love a good warning shot or shots story :TooFunny:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

eggshell

QuoteCohort is a different color phase of a sabbatical

Well in South Dakota there's a third phase called Hain'ts. They gobble like merriams turkeys and act like gobblers, but you only see them on small parcels of private ground and generally in yards. The other place they are most commonly found is on forest service roads, of course next to houses. If by chance you encounter one in the actual National forest they walk out in front of you and tempt you into shooting. As soon as you shoot they jump through a portal into another demension (that leads into another yard) and by the time your shot arrives they "Hain't" there. It drives men nuts and after enough of these encounters your just known by silly names like "Gobblenut and Eggshell". It's down right embarassing.