OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Benelli super black eagle ii  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Wvgobbler

Benelli super black eagle ii
« on: May 17, 2022, 05:36:29 PM »
Hey fellas, Just purchased a super black eagle ii today…. What choke do you recommend me getting? Probably going to be shooting Long Beard XR. I’ll probably try other shells with it as well. Thank you guys for any recommendations you can give me. I appreciate it.

Offline runngun

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
Re: Benelli super black eagle ii
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 10:48:16 PM »
I would get a Rhino choke for SBE. My experience with the SBE and Rhino choke has been great.  As a matter of fact, that's the only Rhino turkey choke I have ever bought.  I have there sporting clays tubes which are absolutely phenomenal.

Have a good one
Bo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Online kwild835

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 11:41:08 PM »
I would try Indian Creek .655 for sure. It does great in my Bro's M2 with Longbeards.

Offline Jc69

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 02:28:24 PM »
I just picked up a SBE2 as well from a buddy. It is one shotgun I've always kind of had my eye on if the price was right.  He has an extended turkey choke tube for it that he has at his house to get to me, he isn't sure what it is but when I get it, I'll put in on and give it a try and post.  I have 2 other semi's and one is a an old collectible safe queen and the other is my 1187 sp turkey that doesn't shoot light loads so I'm hoping to make the SBE2 a do all gun, including turkeys.  Last weekend was opening of squirrel season, shot 1 oz loads without any cycling issues, no "clicks" or shooting high as I've heard can be problems with them. Doesn't appear too dirty,  but he didn't clean it after duck season, that would be the first thing I do, but I decided to wait before I clean it and shoot it with cheap, light loads for a month or so and see how she does. Figure if it will shoot the light cheap stuff dirty, then it should be good to go all clean.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 02:38:13 PM by Jc69 »

Online Gobbler428

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Spurs Up
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2022, 03:28:59 PM »
SBE 2 with Jebs 655, LB 3.5 #5's

Online Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2022, 07:47:04 PM »
Hey fellas, Just purchased a super black eagle ii today…. What choke do you recommend me getting? Probably going to be shooting Long Beard XR. I’ll probably try other shells with it as well. Thank you guys for any recommendations you can give me. I appreciate it.

Indian Creek, Rob Roberts, SumToy are great choices for you…….diameter depends on your selected shot size…
“Solo hunter”