OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: New turkey chair for 2023  (Read 5845 times)

Offline Tail Feathers

• Limbhanger
Re: New turkey chair for 2023
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2022, 11:30:53 PM »
At 80 years of age, those ground loungers are easy to get in and are comfortable, but they are very difficult to get out of, so I went to a regular fold-up lawn chair, the type with the plastic woven strips. A bungee cord allows me to carry it over my shoulder. A camo screen in front of me held up by some river cane allows me to hunt in comfort and the turkeys ignore it. This same chair/bungee cord accompanies me on all-day rabbit hunts, providing a comfortable place to rest while the dogs are running the cottontail. I've found that adjustments must be made as we get older if we want to stay out there.
  Whatever it takes to stay in the game.  Keep on making it work, you inspire some of us!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2022, 02:12:12 PM »
I'm not using one of those 3 legged stools, while i'm taking a nap, i might fall and break my neck with one of those 3 legged stools...  :TooFunny:  I just like those low to the ground chairs, they just give me more options...  :TooFunny:

I guess you old timers just gotta do your best to stay awake.   :TooFunny:

The OTHER reason I like the 3-leg stool, aside from it's lightweight and compact, is that it sets me up higher.  So many times I had gone to set upon a bird and found the perfect tree...........until I sat down and couldn't see for crap.  Vegetation or rolls in the terrain.  I have MUCH less trouble with that now.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline ncturkey

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Go hunting and Fishing
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2022, 10:49:12 PM »
I use the Turkey Thug Chair I got from Walmart.
I been using for 9 seasons and has not broke yet.

Offline Meleagris gallopavo

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • I struggle, but still succeed...
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2022, 10:30:18 PM »
I use the Turkey Thug Chair I got from Walmart.
I been using for 9 seasons and has not broke yet.
I had 2 and they came apart after a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Offline alex_sebh

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2023, 08:36:33 AM »
I use an Alps King Kong in ground blinds and they’re awesome. Alps has a low-profile chair that looks really good for ground hunting. There’s a Turkey chair list at  https://southeasternbowhunting.com/best-turkey-hunting-chair/ that shows it. Anyone used the low-profile version?

Offline wyetterp

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2023, 12:25:36 PM »
I was kinda surprised not to see more hunting hammock seats.
Perfect for turkey or any kind of hunting. Lighter than most chairs
with a lot less packable bulk.

https://www.fanaticoutdoors.com/product/low-down-hunting-seat/

There's a lot of other brands too. Some for as low as $32 on amazon
& ali express.

Cool thing about it is being able to swing around if you need & height
adjustable. Great for the swamps & wet lands. 

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Offline bwall3220

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2023, 12:38:08 PM »
Surprised that I'm the only one that uses the Primos Wingman chair! They were one of the first companies to sell a low profile turkey chair, I'm fixing to put mine through it's 11th season and it's still in great shape. Highly recommend it, I can sit for hours....if needed.

Offline Dazzler

New turkey chair for 2023
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2023, 01:15:32 PM »
Waldrop turkey seat looks like a great option. Not sure if it’s new for 2023, but I have a standard seat. Turkey version is 8” lower from what I’ve read.  Made in US.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 04:15:20 PM by Dazzler »

Offline jhoward11

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2023, 01:28:47 PM »
I've used a couple of the Walmart brand. Bought 3 when they had them for $29. If they last for a couple years, that's 14.50 a pc. Pretty cheap for a descent chair. Usually don't support this place, but did in this case.

Offline TScottW99

• Scouting for wildlife
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2023, 07:34:10 PM »
I use the Browing as well. Think this will be its fourth year. I love it so much I use it to deer hunt with now and have been leaving my tree stand at home.
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Offline roberthyman14

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2023, 07:59:25 PM »
Picked up a bog turkey chair this season
1st chair arrived with no carry strap and no clip for the strap to keep the chair closed. Sent it back and got another. Again no carry straight but had the clip to keep it closed. Sent an email to customer service a week ago and haven't heard back from them.  Thatll be the last I buy from them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk