OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: One pice strikers.  (Read 1306 times)

Offline Swamp

• Dying ain't much of a livin.
One pice strikers.
« on: May 16, 2022, 01:32:20 PM »
I recently started turning one pice strikers. I've tried to keep them fairly simple for the most part but what makes a great striker on your opinion? I'm trying to experiment with different weights and lengths to see what plays best on my calls.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: One pice strikers.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 01:42:21 PM »
I look for what feels good while holding the striker, weight, type of wood, diameter of the shaft and the type of point and how it contacts the playing surface... Those are some good looking strikers you have made...

Offline Wvgobbler

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 04:50:48 PM »
I look for what feels good while holding the striker, weight, type of wood, diameter of the shaft and the type of point and how it contacts the playing surface... Those are some good looking strikers you have made...
Same goes for me… And yes them are some really good looking strikers you have!!!

Offline WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
One pice strikers.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 06:15:19 PM »
I like that bottom one a lot!!! $$?

If I like the sound and how well I can play it..I’ve got short,long,skinny,fat…No two people will play the call with the same striker and sound the same..

I don’t like a lot of weight on a striker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Swamp

• Dying ain't much of a livin.
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 09:05:58 PM »
Thanks, I'm still figuring them out. It's nice to have options when pairing one to a call. So far most have sounded good to my ear however I'm still trying to make one that just really brings my calls to life. I feel like the striker is more important than the call it's self.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Offline mmclain

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 12:02:56 AM »
Admitting Failure and gaining the experience why it wasn’t so good is what makes a great striker.