Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Final push

Started by Kygobblergetter, May 16, 2022, 08:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kygobblergetter

The season is winding down and I'm really trying to stretch out my season by getting a few last minute hunts in. I was able to call a bird in for my buddy in West Virginia this weekend and we are going back next weekend to hunt another bird that we located and then the finale will be in wisconsin. Anybody else have any late season hunts planned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3seasons

I wish, but my season is done. I wanted to make a run back up north for a fun hunt in Michigan and Wisconsin but this $4.25+ gas is gonna keep me from going to a repeat state right now.  Good luck this weekend and next week. 

BBR12

I have one more trip lined up. It will be hunting then rolling into vacation. Me and my two boys will be headed to Michigan next Monday morning as soon as I get off work. We will hunt Tuesday-Saturday morning. The wife will be flying in to meet us Saturday evening. If the hunting is real good we will probably try to get her a bird before season ends. If the hunting isn't great we will immediately roll into vacation mode. 
I'm really hoping the hunting is great for them even if I don't get a bird. We gonna have fun one way or the other.

zelmo1

NY was really slow, worked one bird,( in a losing effort) in 4 days. Only bird to gobble on the ground. My wife has another tag here and I will hunt Maine as much as I can until June 4th. Memorial Day weekend is my Buddy from NY and his 10 year old sons turn here. I want to see that little .410 eat, lol. I know the 28 will chow down, so I want to see the mini muncher go. Good luck to you all. I hope we can improve a little. Al

xarcher

Have called up a total of 15 Jakes in PA so far. Still 2 weeks left. Late season in PA has been good to me in the past so we'll see. The good news is the 15 Jakes

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

TKE921

If you found a gobbling bird in WV you are in a great area.  I haven't heard a single bird on about 6000 acres in the last week and a half.