OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Push pin kill thread

Started by Old Gobbler, May 15, 2022, 09:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwhana

The OG has been hunted 2x since I got it and is 2 for 2 now! It tagged me out last season within an hour or so of receiving it in the mail and tagged me out again this afternoon. Pure killer cluck machine!  I did pair it with a Sadler McGraw purr pot and he loved them both. The pot killed the first bird this season.

Tom007

Congrats! Real fine call there....
"Solo hunter"

merriamsman

I haven't been able to hunt yet this year as I am recovering from foot surgery, so I thought I would repost this from last year. The bird was taken late in the season off of heavily hunted public land in Montana. The birds were so call shy that they just wouldn't come in to yelping. So I just walked the hills clucking on an OG Macassar ebony push-pin and finally got this bird to respond. He only gobbled twice initially then came in silently. I only clucked a few times after he gobbled and that was the ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Alabama556

Add one more to this kill thread. I called in 2 Friday morning in costa county Alabama. My friend shot 1 but we could not pull off a double. The OG push pin drive them nuts. So far this year I have called in 5 bigs on 4 hunts with gobbling turkeys. A few did not die because the young boys I have been taking could not make or get a shot. This call is so awesome. We had one gobbler come running so fast at us that it was near impossible to get a shot.

Tom007

These 2 couldn't resist the OG pushpin clucks opening week!
"Solo hunter"

merriamsman

I took this two-year old bird using a combination of a Prudhomme tube call and an OG push-pin in Macassar ebony. I got the birds to start to come in with the tube call, then finished them with clucks from the push-pin. There's a thread with more details under the tube call topics, including some pictures from the day before the season opened when I called a gobbler in while sitting in the back of my car because I was unable to walk while recovering from foot surgery. I won't bore you with all the details again here. Anyway, another successful hunt with an OG push-pin.

Tom007

Quote from: merriamsman on April 26, 2024, 05:38:54 PMI took this two-year old bird using a combination of a Prudhomme tube call and an OG push-pin in Macassar ebony. I got the birds to start to come in with the tube call, then finished them with clucks from the push-pin. There's a thread with more details under the tube call topics, including some pictures from the day before the season opened when I called a gobbler in while sitting in the back of my car because I was unable to walk while recovering from foot surgery. I won't bore you with all the details again here. Anyway, another successful hunt with an OG push-pin.

Congrats! Well done.
"Solo hunter"

merriamsman

Thanks Tom007!

Treesuitsc

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Tomtom97

Another one down to the soft talk of the OG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk