OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Weatherby element

Started by fadetoblack188, May 15, 2022, 08:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

I bought the 22" turkey version a few weeks back and have been waiting for a sumtoy base to drop it off and have it drilled and tapped, I should have gun back within a few days later in week if I am able to get gun dropped off, I like the fit and feel of gun in my hands, this is the 3rd weatherby turkey gun I have bought in the last few years and I have been happy with them all, the others are gas guns.  I plan on patterning a few chokes and shells here in a few weeks.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Jstocks

Quote from: Glades on January 09, 2023, 07:48:25 AM
Looks like a nice gun.
Too bad it does not come with a short-LOP youth stock. These days I couldn't imagine hunting turkeys with a 14.5" LOP gun.

My thoughts also.

TScottW99

I've been looking at this gun for a bit. Bud's sent me an email saying it could be mine for $469 with free shipping. Needless to say, I ordered it  ;D They have the Turkey 20 gauge and 12 gauge on sale, FYI.
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

WV Ridge Reaper

Brother in law came over this evening and we shot his..My impressions on the gun it self it's is decent...the dip job is by far the better of most..it shot true with the bead which is always a plus

The trigger had some travel but was pretty easy and crisp after that

I did like seening a state labeled on the gun where it was built and not another country

If I could add a wolf spring to close the bolt on the gun I'd say a solid 500-600 gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamaslayer757

Got mine as well the 22" version. My wife's 26" barrel cycled everything out of the box. The Turkey edition won't which is frustrating. Gonna get a trulock .575 to throw in it as it's a backup to my franchi. Any suggestions about the cycling issue?

TScottW99

Quote from: Bamaslayer757 on April 09, 2023, 08:18:22 PM
Got mine as well the 22" version. My wife's 26" barrel cycled everything out of the box. The Turkey edition won't which is frustrating. Gonna get a trulock .575 to throw in it as it's a backup to my franchi. Any suggestions about the cycling issue?

Turkey loads? Dove loads? Curious as some inertia guns need a break in period with heavier loads.
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Bamaslayer757

Dove loads 7/8oz...yeah I know that some need the break in persons just that my wife's didn't need a break in at all... it's expensive to break one in nowadays as well...

TScottW99

Quote from: Bamaslayer757 on April 10, 2023, 10:31:49 AM
Dove loads 7/8oz...yeah I know that some need the break in persons just that my wife's didn't need a break in at all... it's expensive to break one in nowadays as well...

That it is.

yelpy

Quote from: Bamaslayer757 on April 10, 2023, 10:31:49 AM

Picked mine up today. Cycles federal 7/8oz loads just fine.

bigdrumnc

I am dove hunting with mine.  I will report back!

bigdrumnc

Fired a box and half of dove loads through it and a few tss hand loads.  Not one hiccup!  It's a sweet little gun!