OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Cutting Franchi affinity barrel?  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Jordan121787

Cutting Franchi affinity barrel?
« on: May 13, 2022, 05:09:06 PM »
My barrel got caught on a lot of things this season so I was thinking about cutting it down. It’s the 26” barrel. Has anyone cut theirs down and if so what was the sweet spot length wise?

Offline Ranman

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Cutting Franchi affinity barrel?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 06:44:41 PM »
I hunt with an Affinity 3, 26” barrel. I also hunt with a Remington 870 21” barrel. For ease of carry, the 21” is better, but when I sit with my gun laying down my legs, the 26” is better. I think 24” barrel would be the cats meow. Franchi makes a 24” barrel for the Affinity.. if you can find one. Good luck,
Randy

Offline MattBordas

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 09:03:55 AM »
I cut mine down to 19”. It patterns just as good as it did with it at 26” and the gun is a lot lighter and more maneuverable. Only downside is you cant rethread with Mobil threads so you’ve gotta buy new chokes.

Offline Glades

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 09:58:36 AM »
Call William from Sumtoy. He is a Sponsor here.

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 06:38:02 PM »
You got to cut it to one of the post on the rib.   Now it will change to a different tread.   We run tru choke in them..  I see a few putting other threads just be careful. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA