OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: New 20ga benelli (help me decide)  (Read 5088 times)

Offline Dtrkyman

• Double Beard
Re: New 20ga benelli (help me decide)
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2022, 05:05:49 PM »
You can adjust it to shoot where you point it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ragin-cajun

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2022, 11:53:09 AM »
My gunsmith was also hesitant to drill/tap my M2 for the scalarworks mount. He said the metal very thin for the front screws. I ended up using a sumtoy mount

i just bought a Franchi Aff3 20g predrilled/tapped. scalarworks mount w/ Aimpoint T1 is going on it as soon as it gets dipped + cerakote job.
Wild Turkey

Offline Red vyper

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2022, 03:57:19 PM »
Just curious which model of the retay did you purchase? Thank you

Offline Spurs

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2022, 11:44:03 AM »
Finished up my first year with the M2 Compact and can say I was extremely pleased.  I had been shooting an 1187 compact for several years and wanted to try a weight decrease.  Smooth shooting, POI was dead on (I still used iron sights, but that is a preference of mine), and a very consistent pattern.

Def a 100% buy it again review from me.
This year is going to suck!!!

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2022, 01:37:32 PM »
M2 for dedicated turkey.

SBE3 for all purpose.

Offline lacire

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2022, 05:08:07 PM »
My son bought a SBE 3 20ga to replace his 20ga Beretta A400, we patterned it with Apex TSS #9 and point of aim was perfect over its bead. He loves the gun and has taken four turkeys with it over the last two seasons. I also shoot a Benelli but personally I would also take a look at the Franchi Affinity.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline ragin-cajun

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2022, 08:37:17 AM »
M2. all of my benellis shoot high or "over the bead." its a european thing where the wing shooters swing the bead under the target.

for a dedicated turkey gun where you'll add a red dot with a solid mount (like Scalarworks)--- i'd buy the Franchi, which is made by Benelli. I bought a 20 Franchi because they come drilled/tapped. M2s do not and their top receiver has a thin wall. was told that by Benelli and my gunsmith....
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 11:58:17 AM by ragin-cajun »
Wild Turkey

Offline Glades

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2022, 01:50:30 PM »
M2. all of my benellis shoot high or "over the bead." its a european thing where the wing shooters swing the bead under the target.

for a dedicated turkey gun where you'll add a red dot with a solid mount (like Scalarworks)--- i'd buy the Franchi, which is made by Benelli. I bought a 20 Franchi because they come drilled/tapped. M2s do not and their top receiver has a thin wall. was told that by Benelli and my gunsmith....

M2/Montefeltro 20ga receivers are very thick on the 1/3 towards the back. They are perfect for a sumtoy or burris mount with x2 8-40 screws.

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2022, 02:09:33 PM »

M2/Montefeltro 20ga receivers are very thick on the 1/3 towards the back. They are perfect for a sumtoy or burris mount with x2 8-40 screws.

:z-winnersmiley:

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA