OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mid Gobble  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Mid Gobble
« on: May 12, 2022, 02:58:54 PM »
This is one of those shots I have been wanting to get in part, I have been wanting one in mid gobble but in my mind it would be a day it had rained and water would be spraying off it as it gobbled. My only two dislikes of this picture is that I wish I had turned the shutter speed up more and I wish he had been closer, both so there would be more detail.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Online ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: Mid Gobble
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 06:06:27 PM »
That’s a cool shot! If I was taking pictures the two I’d want would be the sunrise coming through a fan and a cold morning where the gobble holds on the air like smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 07:43:54 PM »
That’s a cool shot! If I was taking pictures the two I’d want would be the sunrise coming through a fan and a cold morning where the gobble holds on the air like smoke.

Thank you. The sun through a fan is one I would also want, years ago I decided not to take a camera down with me because I was only using chair blind and there was not a lot of room in it, that morning I saw I remember two toms one was definitely subordinate as the one to the left was doing most of the gobbling and he (the subordinate) and a hen were staying off to the right, the hen way to the right. I think I described it here, it was my first to third year back hunting turkey after my accident. I remember I had borrowed a friends truck, that thing was Japanese and not built for this big American body of mine. lol

The sun was coming through their feathers and it was an incredible sight. It was in the same field as this shot but would be behind the bird in this picture. I am not sure I understand the second shot, could you explain it to me more please? Thanks.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Online ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 08:07:36 PM »
I am not sure I understand the second shot, could you explain it to me more please? Thanks.
I’ve only ever seen one photo like this, I think (I’ll try to track it down), and I’ve only ever experienced it once in the woods, but when it’s so cold of a morning that their breath fogs and so when they gobble you can literally see that entire breath out in front of them like smoke.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 08:10:28 PM »
I am not sure I understand the second shot, could you explain it to me more please? Thanks.
I’ve only ever seen one photo like this, I think (I’ll try to track it down), and I’ve only ever experienced it once in the woods, but when it’s so cold of a morning that their breath fogs and so when they gobble you can literally see that entire breath out in front of them like smoke.

Okay, I completely understand now. It is still possible this season, but it is warming up fast here in NY I hate it myself, prefer it under 60

John Koenig:

Online ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2022, 08:11:56 PM »
This isn’t the photo I’m looking for but imagine this with a gobble.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2022, 08:24:20 PM »
This isn’t the photo I’m looking for but imagine this with a gobble.

Would be cool for sure. Well I am heading to bed, you have a good night bud.

John Koenig: