OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Acrylic pots???  (Read 1161 times)

Offline wareagle22

• Fatal Attraxion Custom Calls
Acrylic pots???
« on: May 12, 2022, 12:58:42 AM »
I see a lot of guys building calls using acrylic pots and was wondering if they buy acrylic sheets or do they pour their own acrylic in a mold?   I’ve done a little bit of searching and finding black acrylic in a 3/4” or 1” thick sheet is proving difficult.  Just curious as to how they get the material to use? 

Offline mastevt

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Find me on face book, Scott's Custom Turkey Calls
Re: Acrylic pots???
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 08:29:59 AM »
I see a lot of guys building calls using acrylic pots and was wondering if they buy acrylic sheets or do they pour their own acrylic in a mold?   I’ve done a little bit of searching and finding black acrylic in a 3/4” or 1” thick sheet is proving difficult.  Just curious as to how they get the material to use?
Guys I know, cast their own blanks.  Typically with a piece of wood, calling it a hybrid.  But some do a solid resin cast.  There is companies out there that make and sell blanks.  Maybe someone call elaborate on it more since I don't use resin, therefore have no need to buy it.  Can't stand the spider web mess that comes off the blank when turning.  I also don't think they sound as good as a wood pot.  But everyone has their own opinions. 

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Offline wareagle22

• Fatal Attraxion Custom Calls
Re: Acrylic pots???
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 05:04:24 PM »
Thanks.   I’ll ask in the pot call forum and see if any of the call makers will respond.