OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris FastFire 3 on sale

Started by Greg Massey, May 10, 2022, 09:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Fleet Farms has it on sale for 179.99 now ....

lunghit

Thanks for the info. I love mine and this price has me debating getting another for any future turkey gun.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Yoder409

A word of caution.............

I got a FF3 from Fleet Farm last time they were on sale.  The one I got was one of the ones that came with the oversized battery (Chinese made them .7mm too thick).  In trying to get the cap threaded in, I stripped it.  To Burris' credit.........they sent me another cap in short order.  But, had this been for a gun I really NEEDED for this season, I'd have been up a crick.

I'm not sure how you'd know if you got a sight with the proper battery or not.  My advice would be to just toss the one that comes with the sight and put a name brand battery in from the get-go.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

lunghit

Quote from: Yoder409 on May 11, 2022, 07:01:52 PM
A word of caution.............

I got a FF3 from Fleet Farm last time they were on sale.  The one I got was one of the ones that came with the oversized battery (Chinese made them .7mm too thick).  In trying to get the cap threaded in, I stripped it.  To Burris' credit.........they sent me another cap in short order.  But, had this been for a gun I really NEEDED for this season, I'd have been up a crick.

I'm not sure how you'd know if you got a sight with the proper battery or not.  My advice would be to just toss the one that comes with the sight and put a name brand battery in from the get-go.

I read numerous complaints about the stock battery and never even used the one mine came with. I am buying Duracells and they can still be a little bit of a pain to get the cap on but it's doable. I don't know why they don't improve on the battery and cap fit. My only complaint.

Tom007

Agreed, the Duracell works well.....
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

Quote from: Tom007 on May 11, 2022, 07:37:48 PM
X2 i agree Duracell and it takes a little patience and you want a screwdriver as wide as the battery slot for even pressure on the battery cap... 

lunghit

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 11, 2022, 08:51:10 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on May 11, 2022, 07:37:48 PM
X2 i agree Duracell and it takes a little patience and you want a screwdriver as wide as the battery slot for even pressure on the battery cap...
That's good to know. I was using a smaller thin screwdriver and still having a little trouble getting the cap on. I'll try a wider head next time.