OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: My first tube call  (Read 3342 times)

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
My first tube call
« on: May 29, 2021, 10:05:27 PM »
Well I just got my first tube call. I must have seen that KT team video where Mark Prudhomme was demoing a tube call right when it came out. I don’t usually do this but I ordered that thing right away. I’ve never tried a tube call before and it sounded amazing in the video. Of course Mark Prudhomme was using the call so I wasn’t sure where to set my expectations with it. Also if it helps out the KT team I consider that a win. Anyway here it is and I don’t have a clue how to use this thing but I’m looking forward to figuring it out.  I have a for sale thread in the classifieds with lanyards like the one in the picture if anyone needs one for their tube call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tal

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
Re: My first tube call
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 10:12:07 PM »
 It looks ready to play to me... LOL. Nice call.

Online Bedge7767

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 10:28:04 PM »
Do you have a link to the video where he was running it?
Jim

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 10:43:57 PM »
https://fb.watch/5OJjpx5TvD/

Try that. It’s on the KT team Facebook page. I had to scroll down for a minute to find it.

Online Bedge7767

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 10:50:12 PM »
Thanks. Yeah that sounds good.
Jim

Offline Scpossum

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 09:27:39 AM »
That is a nice tube and a great lanyard for it, too.  Mark is one of a kind and in a class by himself.  Makes great calls and volunteers by teaching hens how to speak the language and pronunciate in his spare time.  :TooFunny: 

Thanks for posting the call.  Can’t go wrong with that one!

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 01:16:08 PM »
Hope to get 1/4 that good one day. Congratulations on the new call and the fun in learning a new one, I am trying to learn them myself.

Sent from my S30U+ using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2021, 01:51:13 PM »
That is a nice tube and a great lanyard for it, too.  Mark is one of a kind and in a class by himself.  Makes great calls and volunteers by teaching hens how to speak the language and pronunciate in his spare time.  :TooFunny: 

Thanks for posting the call.  Can’t go wrong with that one!
Now that I’ve been perusing the tube section I see you make some nice looking calls to!

Offline Tarheel

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2021, 04:09:54 PM »
Nice looking caller...congratulations!

Offline barry

• Double Beard
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2022, 12:15:45 PM »
Well I just got my first tube call. I must have seen that KT team video where Mark Prudhomme was demoing a tube call right when it came out. I don’t usually do this but I ordered that thing right away. I’ve never tried a tube call before and it sounded amazing in the video. Of course Mark Prudhomme was using the call so I wasn’t sure where to set my expectations with it. Also if it helps out the KT team I consider that a win. Anyway here it is and I don’t have a clue how to use this thing but I’m looking forward to figuring it out.  I have a for sale thread in the classifieds with lanyards like the one in the picture if anyone needs one for their tube call.

Killed a bird with mine a few days ago

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2022, 04:15:08 PM »
Nice!  I ended up not carrying my tube this season. I still need some more or at ie with it but I did use my trumpet a lot this spring.

Online Old Timer

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2022, 01:15:27 PM »
I could never get the hang of running a tube call. Maybe because I do well with everything else I did not take enough time to learn it. Maybe I should give it another try.

Offline SCGobbler

• Ya can't fix stupid!
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2022, 12:03:07 AM »
I could never get the hang of running a tube call. Maybe because I do well with everything else I did not take enough time to learn it. Maybe I should give it another try.
Old Timer, this was the first year I was “confident” using a tube call and I yanked several gobbles out of turkeys. I was quite impressed.

Just like most turkey calls, the more confidence you have in it, the better it seems to work.

Walt Whitman
SC Gobbler

Every second you are in contact with a mature gobbler, events and circumstances take place, any one of which could have a direct bearing on your losing the game.

—Gene Nunnery
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge