OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: What got left behind ???  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: What got left behind ???
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2023, 10:22:32 AM »
After leaving some key items behind early in my career, I decided to prevent these slip-ups from happening again. I set my truck up every spring with extra everything. Boots, pants, shirts, sweaters, and the rest of the turkey necessities. This bag has duplicates of everything I carry hunting, shells, batteries for sites, flashlights, bore snakes(various gauges), head net, gloves, socks etc. Since I added this pre-prep stage every season, I have had everything I need to hunt with even if I forget something. And oh yes, a sticky note taped to my console that just says “Gun”.  No more worries “Do I have my……”
You sound like me when I go someplace. Need 3 pair of underwear? Bring 6 pair. Need meds for 3 days? Bring enough for a week. My GF gets mad at me because she says I "Over prepare" I also built her an emergency box for her van when we got together, blankets, extra warm clothes for winter, emergency blankets/tarps that reflect body heat and so on. Saved her bacon one day when she got broke down and stuck in a snow storm though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Uncle Tom

Re: What got left behind ???
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2023, 05:17:59 PM »
On a hunt this year, got set up and pull out the gloves and face mast and missed my glass case. Got to have my glasses to see the red dot. Got up and walked all way back to truck, and not there. This was about a 500 yard walk. Went to looking in all the pockets and finally found it in a pocket that not used often....why I put them in there I do not know. Not first time I took a walk back to the truck.