turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Box call success!

Started by Zobo, May 05, 2022, 10:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zobo

My twin sons connected with twin gobblers! One was called in with a Harrison spalted tamarind/snakewood shortbox, so easy to use it runs itself. It's perfect for the less experienced callers, you really can't make a bad sound with it.
     The other bird was called in running with a Watkins maccasser/ persimmon fiddlebox, harder for them to run but just plain awesome sounding as many of you know. 
     My daughter arranged and took the pictures.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

bonasa

Nice birds, congrats to your boys

fishr64

Nice birds and nice calls! Congratulations to your twins on two fine gobblers!!

Zobo

Thanks so much, those are two true master box call makers and the boys called nicely and shot straight. And to be clear,  those are the same birds in both pictures, they got one each not two each... thats enough!!! :camohat: :camohat: :z-dizzy:

Yoder409

CONGRATS to the young men !!!!!!!!!!

I've got a Watkins Macassar/persimmon fiddlebox.  It's in the top 5 best sounding boxes I own.  On any given day it COULD be #1.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Zobo

Quote from: Yoder409 on May 06, 2022, 09:07:30 AM
CONGRATS to the young men !!!!!!!!!!

I've got a Watkins Macassar/persimmon fiddlebox.  It's in the top 5 best sounding boxes I own.  On any given day it COULD be #1.

Thanks!
There is just something about that wood combination, that little fiddlebox runs like a hen on fire!

eddie234

Very nice, congratulations

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sir-diealot

Congratulations to them.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Zobo

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 06, 2022, 09:59:52 PM
Congratulations to them.

Thank you Sir, and for the comment from others too. I'm proud of them because they're finally calling in birds, not just shooting them. I told them they're turkey hunters now.

fishr64

Great for them!! They have a great mentor then too!  Good job dad.  :icon_thumright:

ferocious calls

Wisgobbler

Absolutely beautiful birds and calls. Great job and congrats to you and your boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sim1982

Great job. I called in a good long beard Saturday to the gun with a preacher man snake over sassafras. By far my 2 favorite box call makers

mountainhunter1

Awesome looking birds and your box calls are elite. Glad your boys each got a bird. Thanks for sharing.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

outdoors

Awesome , congratulations
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field