remove

Started by Oldmason, May 04, 2022, 02:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldmason

removed

Vintage

BandedSpur

Oldmason

How do I get the camo tape off. Do I heat it. Then use WD40 or goo gone to remove glue. There is a Black syn stock and forearm under the tape

bwhana

A heat gun or hair dryer should help, but you will still need and adhesive remover after it it peeled off.  A friend left vinyl wrap on a gun so long, it wouldn't turn loose and he had to sand blast his.

Oldmason

I don't know how long this has been on gun. I asked the man I bought it from and he said he didn't know. He had gotten it in a trade. I will try a small spot with a heat gun and if it won't let loose I will leave it. Thanks for help

Oldmason

I got my heat gun out and got ready to take tape off. Took gun apart and thought I'd see how the tape would come off without heat. found a seam on butt and took knife and pealed up coner. The tape pulled off with no heat and left very little glue. Took a rag with WD40 and glue came off. thanks all for suggestions. I will put some before and after pictures later. I don;t think tape has been on gun very long.

bwhana

Quote from: Oldmason on May 05, 2022, 04:58:17 PM
I got my heat gun out and got ready to take tape off. Took gun apart and thought I'd see how the tape would come off without heat. found a seam on butt and took knife and pealed up coner. The tape pulled off with no heat and left very little glue. Took a rag with WD40 and glue came off. thanks all for suggestions. I will put some before and after pictures later. I don;t think tape has been on gun very long.
Win!

Oldmason

Vintage