OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Doubled with Wife ( PICS ADDED)  (Read 849 times)

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
Doubled with Wife ( PICS ADDED)
« on: May 02, 2022, 02:57:38 PM »
Pics and score sheet will follow, only 57.68, but a great day. Only hunted an hour at first light, had to get kid to school. Heard 2 birds gobbling behind us and as soon as they hit the ground they got lock jaw. Hunted a couple other spots with no success. Went back to the first spot and got right where the birds were roosted in the morning. Called once on my box and they called back, 200 yards out. Got situated and called again, hammered back at around 100. Set decoy and got hunkered in with the wife. They gobbled all the time after they entered the woods. Decoy placement was terrible, my bad. They circled behind us and I yelped and clucked softly. They answered every time. Got past my wife’s shooting zone and came to my side. I had them in range for a few minutes when my wife asked if I could shoot. I said “ yes” and she said shoot the dam thing. She was still a little upset I didn’t shoot earlier, at 20 yards, but the plan was to get her a shot. She growled, “ shoot”, so I raised my gun. I had to wait for them to clear each other. The strutted came clear and I stoned him at 28/30 yards. I started to do a pathetic fighting purr and the second bird was confused, lol. My wife came around me and fired, or tried to, no boom. I gave her my gun and she had no shot. I was able to get my bubinga/ green slate and purred very sweetly. He came running back, got to 50 yards and she dropped him cold. Best shot I ever saw on a turkey in the woods. Barely flopped, what a morning. Our first double on Tom’s and it was memorable. My new 28 is ahead 2-0 now   :funnyturkey:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 07:50:47 AM by zelmo1 »

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
Re: Doubled with Wife ( PICS ADDED)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 06:52:02 PM »
First of congrats to you and the wife! On a second note that last scoring picture of you with the sheet is a mugshot if I ever saw one.
"After a month long investigation, authorities have finally apprehended the gobbler nabber."
Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline 3seasons

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 08:48:04 PM »
Man that’s awesome. Huge congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 10:00:15 PM »
Man that sounded like a high-pucker hunt! Glad that you were able to pull him back into range and that your wife was able to make a great shot. We may need to start calling you the King of the Doubles!

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 07:52:51 AM »
Thanks boss, it was a great day. I learned a lot from my wife yesterday. Those lil 28 gauges are real serious medicine with TSS. Never saw anything like that ever. Keep whacking them guys, Al

Offline Kygobblergetter

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2022, 10:47:47 PM »
Awesome hunt! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk